Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 30th, 2014 18:00

AdwareB-Protect and hard time using browser

Hi! I am getting so many ads, dialogue boxes that I have to click to go away, and re-directed to pages that say I need to call technical support. The ads seem to say " powered by worlwidewebcoupons or WX Download".

I ran McAffee and it says I have Adware B-Protect on my computer, but won't get rid of it for me. I know NOTHING about how to get rid of this, so could use some help. I do not know how I got it either.

Thanks in advance!

Elizabeth

2 Intern

• 

5.8K Posts

September 30th, 2014 19:00

Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to the forum.

Extensive information on this pest, and comprehensive instructions on how to remove it using free removal tools, are here:
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/adware-bprotect-d-virus/

You may not need every removal program listed. I have used them all at various times, and can vouch that they are safe and usually effective. I would definitely start with AdwCleaner, and use the other tools if necessary.

Let us know how it goes. If unsuccessful, there are other options/dedicated malware removal forums we can direct you to.

3 Posts

September 30th, 2014 18:00

In addition, text on websites is full of blue hyperlinks that should not be there. 

3 Posts

October 6th, 2014 19:00

HI Joe. Thanks for your response. I tried the 1st 3 options and no luck getting rid of the pop up ads, redirecting to other sites, dialogue boxes poping up saying my system needs fixed, etc...

When I tried to download Hitman, I was taken to the website surfright. I am not sure if this is legit, or  I am being redirected by the pest. The 1st 3 anti-malware programs did find things to get rid of, and I cleaned them, but I am having so much trouble trying to do something online. Even while I am typing this, I keep being sent to another tab and have to close it out continuously.

All of these ads say "Powered by WorldWideWebCoupon"

Thanks Elizabeth

2 Intern

• 

5.8K Posts

October 6th, 2014 19:00

Hi Elizabeth.

I regret these removal tools were insufficient. It appears you have more resilient malware.

The Surfright website is indeed legit, as is the HitmanPro program it offers as a free download. I have it installed on all my systems, and trust it implicitly.

If it cannot remove your ads, I will refer you to spywarehammer.com, where dedicated experts at malware removal can offer you free assistance. The following is quoted from my colleague ky331:

"Please follow the directions at http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=12262.0 to register and post the requested DDS logs at spywarehammer.com ; there are expert helpers there who can "walk you through" procedures to analyze your system, and clean-up the infection.   All help provided there is FREE.   If you decide to go for help there, please wait for a response, and do NOT attempt to run any additional scans/removers on your own --- do exactly what they instruct you to do, no more, no less."

It would help if you could refer them to this thread.

Good luck.

No Events found!