Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 6th, 2014 02:00

Hardware issues "Bus 0 Enclosre 0 BB A is transitioning"

Hey Guys

Today I've installed a new EMC VNX 5200 at the customers site. Everything went really well (mounting, configuration, presentation).

The only "bad" thing is the following:

When i click on Hardware and click threw the different hardware modules i get the following for the Battery Backup Units - Bus 0 Enclosre 0 BB A "Not Ready". There is no error message in alters and nothing but when i click on properties i get "Bus 0 Enclosre 0 BB A is transitioning".

There is a blue "T". I alraedy pulled it out and plugged it in again but no change. The power supplies are green and operating normaly.

Do you guys know if we have to exchange the part? Looks like it is damaged.

Thank you and all the best

Michael

208 Posts

August 6th, 2014 07:00

Yes it is.

Hey Guys

1) DPE (BUS 0 Enclsore 0) is faulted

2) Standby Power Supply (BUS 0 BBU A) is faulted

Verify that power cables and the communications (serials) cable are connected properly between the storage system and the SPS. IF the SPS Has completed charging its battery and the problem still persits, contact your services provider.

So i am confused now. On generation 1 machines I am aware of connecting serials from the SP to the battery but I thought this not longer applicable to gen 2.

On the backend i've got 2 serial ports (for cli and battery). So is there still a serial connection for battery needed or not?

And what exectally is this battery serial for?

http://www.qdpma.com/Storage_files/EMC_VNX5400be2.png

Thank you guys

12 Posts

August 6th, 2014 07:00

Are you on the latest release (05.33.000.5.052) ? There have been some BBU issues in earlier releases.

208 Posts

August 7th, 2014 03:00

Hey Guys

1) DPE (BUS 0 Enclsore 0) is faulted

2) Standby Power Supply (BUS 0 BBU A) is faulted

Verify that power cables and the communications (serials) cable are connected properly between the storage system and the SPS. IF the SPS Has completed charging its battery and the problem still persits, contact your services provider.

So i am confused now. On generation 1 machines I am aware of connecting serials from the SP to the battery but I thought this not longer applicable to gen 2.

On the backend i've got 2 serial ports (for cli and battery). So is there still a serial connection for battery needed or not?

And what exectally is this battery serial for?

http://www.qdpma.com/Storage_files/EMC_VNX5400be2.png

Thank you guys

104 Posts

August 7th, 2014 11:00

Did you try to exchange bbu a and bbu b ... Is the problem moving with the bbu?

Not sure if the vnx will shut down during this procedure....maybe a reboot of the related will help too

104 Posts

August 7th, 2014 11:00

In vnx5200 there is no SPS cable, its interated

November 5th, 2017 23:00

Is there any updates for solve this issue. As i have this issue appears "BBU is not ready state (transitioning state)". Flare code is 05.33.000.5.052.

4.5K Posts

November 15th, 2017 13:00

I would recommend you upgrade the OS on your array - that version is way out of date (released in April 2014 and is out of service) and there have been numerous fixes. Some were for issues with the BBU.

glen

1 Message

October 13th, 2023 09:29

Hi all

did you find any solution for that ?

Pavel

• 

7.1K Posts

13-10-2023 13:46 PM

Hello PBA7272,

If you are not running the latest OE version, then I would upgrade to the latest version first as there are a lot of fixes that are in the updates. If you are at the latest version, then what is the error that you are getting and how often is the error happening?

No Events found!