Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2015 10:00

Venue 8 Pro bricked after Win 10 update HELP

My Venue 8 Pro was working perfectly under 8.1, but after the update to Win 10 the tablet will boot up, let me log on with my PIN, then goes to the desktop and just continuously will flash between a blank desktop, the apps and the desktop picture. I can not access anything at all.  I have been sent a cable and USB drive to use to reset my system to 8.1, but.... none of the instructions I am receiving from the people I've worked with will get the tablet to boot from the USB. (I have been using the Dell facebook page and working with the people who answer the FB messenger... )  In any case....  I want my tablet to work... at this point, I don't care if it's Win 8.1 or 10.  If anyone can give me direction on how to get the tablet to actually boot from the USB or any other information on how to proceed. 

6 Posts

August 17th, 2015 11:00

Do you get it to charge at all? I am in the same boat. However, my Venue battery must have died after it was installing Windows 10 for around 2 hours while plugged in with the usb cable and cube it came with. I have tried every combo suggested holding the power button for 10 seconds then 2 etc etc.  I have not been able to even turn it on after leaving it plugged into the wall for 48 hours and into a Desktop for 24 hours as it was suggested. I am curious to if I can get the corrupted windows overridden somehow even though it wont charge and my PC wont recognize it.

Very frusturating! 

30 Posts

August 17th, 2015 23:00

I have tried every combo suggested holding the power button for 10 seconds then 2 etc etc.

4 Posts

August 20th, 2015 19:00

11 Pro here with similar issue after failed Win 10 update.  Will not boot up.  Amber light blinking as if no charge.  Tried new battery, seemed to charge, but then same failure.  Starts to boot, briefly get a fan, then back to blinking light and black screen.

3 Posts

August 28th, 2015 07:00

Mine charges just fine.... turns on, I can log onto it...  it's just once it gets to the "desktop" that I can't do anything because it constantly flashes.  I have received a USB and cable that I was told to use  to boot the tablet....  problem is, I can't figure out how to do that, and I can't seem to get an answer as to how to actually do that properly.  I'm so so frustrated and not happy about having a tablet that might as well be thrown in the trash at this point (and it's barely a year old!)

3 Posts

September 18th, 2015 17:00

FINALLY!!!! I got a response from the Facebook Dell folks and it seems to have fixed my issue!!!!  here is what I was told:

We request you to power on the tablet and after you see the dell log power off the tablet. Do the same for about three time until you get the advanced options. Once there kindly reset the tablet back to factory settings. Doing so, you will lose the data on the tablet. For data recovery if any, we request you to contact a local technician.

I hope this helps someone else out there.... why this wasn't the first thing suggested, I will never understand.  At least my tablet is working again.....

1 Message

September 23rd, 2015 14:00

This sounds like my problem after the Win 10 TP...but mine charges fine. But when I turn it on no logo.

When I hold power down with windows button and release after I see the screen flash = power on with no logo...I release the windows button and get four mini scrambled screens that are unreadable on my tablet screen.

I]ve tried this three power thing, but never get and readable screen to come up ANY SUGGESTIONS would be of great HELP!

1 Message

September 30th, 2015 17:00

Venue 8 Pro

Model 3845

Issue: will not turn on

Symptom: After upgrading to Windows 10, my tablet would not turn on.

Actions: #3 worked for me

1. unplug tablet and hold  power button for 20 seconds (this is supposedly to drain the power from the battery), then plug tablet to power then push power button = did not work

2. hold power button, counted for 12 seconds, Dell logo comes on then disappear, solid amber light, then solid white light = tablet turns off

3. hold power button on and windows button at the same time, wait for the Dell logo to show up, count for 10 seconds, then let go the power button, after 10 seconds let go of the windows button. = login prompt will show up

CURRENT ISSUE:

After second update, battery would not charged and its down to 10% power.

Actions:

1. shut down tablet = did not work, battery still will not charged

2. reset to default settings = did not work battery still will not charged

8 Posts

September 30th, 2015 19:00

Sounds to me like the issue I had when upgrading. I installed the proper drivers and it worked fine.

No Events found!