Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2013 01:00

Latitude 10 boot from usb?

Hello,

I have latitude 10 tablet and i can´t boot my device via usb. I use Microsoft Surface Ethernet adapter, and I try to boot to wds so I can take image from my device. Tablets bios not find my adapter and it just don´t boot with it.  

I am stuck with this, please help.

7 Posts

August 31st, 2013 01:00

Mine will not boot from the Dell USB sent to me. Get rid of your tablet they are useless and no customer support. Dell are pathetic.

828 Posts

April 22nd, 2014 20:00

Google is your friend on this stuff.   Search for Dell Latitude 10 imaging guide.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20305418/download.aspx

2 Posts

October 24th, 2013 08:00

Booting to a USB device from a Windows 8 computer/tablet is slightly different than a computer that came with Windows XP/Vista/7. Any computer that came with Windows 8 pre-installed will utilize a UEFI configuration in the BIOS that will only allow USB devices with a UEFI partition to boot. There is an easy workaround for this issue.

1. Go into your BIOS and disable Secure Boot
  2. Also, if there is a setting for UEFI in the BIOS...change that to Legacy mode. This will disable the UEFI requirement to boot.
  3. As you power up the device while holding down Volume Up key, you should be presented with a boot menu. Select your flash drive device and it should boot successfully.

Hope that helps!

1 Message

November 12th, 2013 07:00

How do I go to BIOS?

I keep hitting F2 as soon as I turned on the tablet, but I couldn't get into it

1 Message

February 23rd, 2014 15:00

Thanks for the advice.... this worked a dream...... you deffo need to knock off the UEFI security...thanks alot

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2014 11:00

Sorry to revive an old thread, but how did you turn off UEFI security?  Where in the BIOS menus is it?

1 Message

July 27th, 2015 14:00

my latitude 10 - ST2 will not see my usb drive as a temp boot device. further more it will not see a usb cd our even see the internal SSD as a boot device. how in the world are you suppose to redo the os if it doesn't see any boot-able devices. I know the tablet is working because it boots to windows 8, but it will not see anything in the boot options besides "Windows Boot manager".

I have set "secure boot" to disabled, but i do not see anything that gives my a legacy option or legacy ROM support as the bios states i should turn on when i disable secure boot.

How do i get the list of temp boot devices to show. I know how to enter the boot options, but as i stated, it does not show any boot devices.

Setting up a UEFI bootable USB will not make it show up as a bootable device.

No Events found!