Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2015 04:00

IDRAC6 upgrade path

I am temporarily taking care of a Dell PowerEdge T610 purchased back in 2012.  Our outsourced IT department was walking me through some maintenance tasks, one of which required launching a Virtual Console through iDRAC6. Apparently my version of iDRAC6 (V1.80) is so old no modern browser fully supports it. What I have mostly works with Chrome and FireFox, not at all with IE (but that's OK - I don't work with IE either). 

I am trying to determine if a firmware upgrade path exists for my hardware, and if so, what is involved. None of my searches on the Dell website have relevant results. Since my system is out of warranty I'm not getting much help via telephoning, and "chat" is denied to me as well.

If someone can point me to a good place to get started that would be a big help.  Thanks!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2015 14:00

Hello.

See the upgrade path below. First apply the BIOS and then the respective DRAC6 firmware.

BIOS 6.2.3                   iDRAC6  v1.92

BIOS 6.3.0                   iDRAC6 v1.95

BIOS 6.4.0                   iDRAC6 v1.97, iDRAC6 v1.99 and lastly iDRAC6 v2.8.0

The update path will prevent iDRAC communication and other server issues.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2015 12:00

Hello.

Applying concurrent BIOS and DRAC6 firmware updates is a good starting point. What is the current BIOS version on the server?

3 Posts

December 1st, 2015 13:00

Hi, and thanks for the quick followup.  The server BIOS version is 6.1.0

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2015 06:00

Looks like a good thing to attempt over the Holidays.

Thank you again,

1 Message

April 21st, 2019 08:00

Hi Robert I'm in a similar predicament, having taken into care a couple R710s. Unfortunately for me, these puppies seem to have missed the maintenance schedules quite poorly. iDRAC v 1.54 BIOS v 6.4.0. I have since been able to update the bios to 6.6.0 but I'm having trouble upgrading the iDRAC to anything above v1.54. I've tried the platform update method, but it is unable to download the catalogue (possibly because of this being a gen 11 and LCC is so far behind it is having communication issues with ftp.dell.com). Is there an upgrade path for iDRAC from v1.54 to bring it up to the latest supported version? Also, is there another way to upgrading the LCC other then platform update? Cheers Mudit

February 18th, 2022 19:00

I have a similar issue with an r310 on bios 1.8.2 and idrac 1.92.05  I was wondering if anyone has the order for these.  The oldest bios i see on the support page is 1.12 and i dont know if i can hop all the way there.

Thanks

No Events found!