Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2011 08:00

Cant get solutions enabler client to connect to my SE appliance

I keep gettng connection failed: the trusted host file disallowed a client server connection.   I must be doing something wrong with the nethost config?  But I'm not sure

Running version 7.3 of the client and appliance

On the client which is also my SRM server and where I have all the VSI tools installed i've editing the netcfg file to look like this

SYMAPI_SERVER  - TCPIP DNS_NAME_OF_APPLIANCE 10.230.190.154 2707 ANY

in the actual file I have the real dns name  of the appliance

on the appliance Ive added a nethost setting of

nodename:  DNS_NAME_OF_SERVER_IM_CONNECTING_FROM

users:  administrator

This is where I'm trying to connect from.  I'm logged into windows on that server as administrator

The storsrvd log on the appliance as this error when I try to connect from the VSI on the

: ANR0018E Rejecting session 11 for Administrator@10.230.190.149: The trusted host file disallowed a client server connection

What am I missing??

6 Posts

September 14th, 2011 09:00

The server name has an underscore in it

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

the system that you are trying to connect from ..does it have any "-" in the name ?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

i had issues with SSL and systems that had a "-" in the name.

859 Posts

September 14th, 2011 10:00

primus.JPG

6 Posts

Where can I find that document?

859 Posts

Hi Noto,

I am the author of the primus emc244917 which describes your issue. It was written for older version of appliance but it is valid for the later version also.

regards,

Saurabh

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

do you actually have to enter abc.local and user1 ..or these need to be replaced with real values ?

859 Posts

September 14th, 2011 11:00

real values. so abc.local should be replaced with his host fqdn name and user1 with the user he is using.

6 Posts

September 14th, 2011 11:00

Still not working, same error message

Here are the variables set on the server trying to connect

SYMCLI_CONNECT=SYMAPI_SECURE

SYMCLI_CONNECT_TYPE=REMOTE

Here is my netcfg file entry.  It has the name and IP of the appliance

SYMAPI_SECURE  - TCPIP ar-emcva.poweripl.com  10.230.190.154 2707 SECURE

Here is my nethosts entry on the appliance.  This is the machine I'm connecting from and my windows login

SRM_ARL.poweripl.com administrator

859 Posts

September 14th, 2011 15:00

are you able to do a nslookup on your SRM_ARL.poweripl.com and does it return the ipaddress? Could be a DNS issue.

regards,

Saurabh

286 Posts

September 14th, 2011 18:00

I missed the post talking about this before. Sometimes the host name doesnt work. You might need to put the IP instead. Use the one it is erroring with: User :Administrator Host: 10.230.190.149

286 Posts

September 14th, 2011 18:00

You need to configure the nethost file in the SE appliance through the web management interface. By default the SE Appliance uses the nethost permissions unlike typical SE installs. You will need to enter in your hostname and the user connecting (* can be used in place of the user to allow all users from that client).

snag.png;

That should do it.

Hopefully

-------------------------------------------------------

Cody Hosterman

Sr. Systems Integration Engineer

Technical Partner Management -- VMware

Central Partner Engineering

EMC Corporation

6 Posts

September 15th, 2011 08:00

If I put IP instead of name I get this error

[25772 API_Listener] Sep-15 10:18:15.601 : ANR0151E Common Name in client certificate not valid: expected "::ffff:10.230.190.149", received "storsrvd SRMARL.*"

286 Posts

September 15th, 2011 09:00

Hmm there seems to be another primus article relating to this that might be worth a shot:

Root Cause: By default, the SYMAPI client creates a certificate with its hostname. However, due to a DNS configuration issue, the SYMAPI server cannot get through with DNS reverse lookup with the IP for the hostname of the SYMAPI client. Therefore, during the handshaking process, the SYMAPI client sends out its certificate, which by default, is created with the client's hostname (common name). However, the SYMAPI server expects the IP of the client (expected name) because the server cannot reverse lookup the hostname of the client.

Fix: ANR0151E Common Name in client certificate not valid: expected name, received common name: 
  • Destination: Log. 
  • Description: This message is issued during the setup of the secure mode between the client/server. The common name in the client certificate does not match the name the server is expecting. 
  • Operator Action: Check the client certificate to verify that the names contained in the certificate are known hostnames to the server. Either generate a client certificate with the hostname that the server is expecting or add the common name in the client certificate to the applicable /etc/hosts file on the server. 
    • On Client: manage_server_cert create ${IP_of_Client}. 
    • Or add a record of Client to DNS config. 
    • Or hosts file on server Unix: /etc/hosts, Windows \%WIN%\%SYSTEM%\driver\etc\hosts.
No Events found!