Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 26th, 2019 18:00

SupportAssist Optimize Network Results Questions

I just ran for the first time SupportAssist Optimize Network on a Dell Optiplex 7040 running Win10 v1903, and installed with all Microsoft and Dell Updates (system was deployed in March 2019). When I check the results, I got the following entries:

Anonymous NetBIOS Connections: 1

Disable Task Offload: 1

HTTP1.1: 1

Network Throttling Mechanism: 1

Slow Link Detection: 1

Delete Internet Temporary Files on Close: 1

Except for the last entry in the results, which is clear, could someone please explain what exactly did Dell SupportAssist fix with these entries? If there are any links that I can read, that would be helpful.

Thank you.

• 

25.5K Posts

January 20th, 2020 18:00

Hello,

You can locate the Dell SupportAssist logs file at C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist\Client\Agent\logs\ApplicationLogs, sort the file by date and time to locate the latest log file. The file would have long list of logs, to find your specific log you can do a search by CTRL+F and match the log based on the time towards which the application and fixed the issues. For instance if it is optimizing network you can make a search with 'network' or 'optimize'. Please note you might have to do a multiple search to get the exact log line. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Muntazir Patel

5 Posts

January 18th, 2020 07:00

That is exactly my question. I would like to know what Dell Support Assists thinks it needs to do to my Network and other settings... I don't like blackboxes at all. It will make your life miserable if weeks later something doesn't work as it should and you have no clue if it might be related to the changes that were executed by Support Assists or not.

18 Posts

January 19th, 2020 03:00

I never got a response to this question. Hopefully, now that you are asking too, someone at Dell that is monitoring these boards could post some meaningful information on the changes that SupportAssist is making to systems and why.

18 Posts

January 19th, 2020 20:00

Hello Dell Cares,

Indeed the system I was referring to is a Dell Optiplex 7040 ServiceTag -  . Could we get an explanation on why Dell Assist is making the changes it's making? Based on what criteria?

Thank you.

No Events found!