Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

May 24th, 2020 10:00

Dell XPS 8920 SupportAssist Will Not Install, Old Version Cannot be uninstalled.

I have been wrestling with this for a bit.  I cannot get SupportAssist to install.  I tracked down the issue by finding the logs and also the windows events.  Found this:

Product: Dell SupportAssist -- Error 1714. The older version of Dell SupportAssist cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.  System Error 1612.

Search on forum didn't turn up much.  Google search turned up 2 year old posts with same problem but broken lings to places to download file.  

My programs still has an entry for Dell SupportAssistAgent which will not uninstall due to a missing SupportAssistAgent.msi file.  Search for files on all drives cannot find this file anywhere on my PC.

How do I go about uninstalling or removing any older installs so I can install SupportAssist properly,

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

May 24th, 2020 10:00

Hi EzMonger,

Did you get in touch with Dell Technical Support for this issue they will definitely able to help you otherwise they will escalate issue to the concern team.

Please share your Service Tag as private message to me so i can check at my end also if something possible. 

No Events found!