Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 25th, 2004 05:00

"No supported DVD -recorders were detected on your system"

i get this message whenever i try to burn a dvd.... i updated my roxio to the 5.3.5 version but i'm still getting this error message and i looked on the roxio support page and my cd recorder drive ( D : QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-242) is listed under their cd recorder supported drives

can anyone help me? this is very frustrating..... do i have to uninstall roxio?

14.4K Posts

October 25th, 2004 08:00

Is your DVD burner actually seen in my computer?

October 25th, 2004 19:00

i see my DVD/CD-RW DRIVE (D: ) in my computer

i have no trouble burning normal music cds, i'm only getting this problem with trying to burn dvds

I have a dell inspiron 1100 if you're wondering

Message Edited by Rockoholic on 10-25-2004 04:20 PM

October 25th, 2004 23:00

so when Dell said the inspiron 1100 comes with "24x CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive", they meant it could only burn cds but it can't burn dvds but only play dvds?

that word "combo" has fooled me because i thought this notebook came with a DVD burner drive

thanks for your reply because i've been downloading patches to try to fix this problem and none of them worked so now i know not to waste my time :smileyindifferent:

808 Posts

October 25th, 2004 23:00

@Rockoholic wrote:

i see my DVD/CD-RW DRIVE (D: ) in my computer

i have no trouble burning normal music cds, i'm only getting this problem with trying to burn dvds

I have a dell inspiron 1100 if you're wondering

Message Edited by Rockoholic on 10-25-2004 04:20 PM

OK, I think I have a bit a bad news for you. You can't burn DVD's on this drive, from a little research on this drive it is a CD-RW (Burns cd's)/DVD (plays DVD not burn) Oh well, I could be wrong, but if you do a google searh on your drive, that's what you will see. If you wanted to burn DVD's you would need a DVD+RW. These will burn CD's as well DVD's.

808 Posts

October 26th, 2004 01:00

The word Combo drive refers  to having 2 drives built into one unit In your case, the DVD player is one drive and the CD/RW is the second drive. So they combined both drives into one. Now if you get a DVD+RW drive, you can burn both, but watch the media. DVD+RW's use the DVD+R media and won't burn the DVD-R.
No Events found!