Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2006 15:00

Precision 530 with PERC 3/DC and three 73GB Seagate SCSI drives

I have several problems with the Precision Workstation 530 and really will appreciate some help. Below is a synopsis of what has happened:

1. The workstation beeped during rebooting. Checked WebBio and find the second SCSI drive was off line.

2. Reconnected the second SCSI drive in WebBio and rebooted again. I could get into Windows XP. It worked for a day.

3. The workstation beeped again. I checked WebBio. Properties for all physical drives are okay, error free. I rebuilt the second SCSI drive. After rebuilding, I lost everything, including OS, on the drives (fortunately, I had a complete backup just before the saga started, so I didn't lose anything on the drives).

4. I installed Windows XP and it worked fine. However, when I rebooted the workstation, it beeped again. I went to WebBio, ran configuration wizard, and changed from RAID 5 to RAID 0. Reset the logical drive and three physical drives. All physical drives became unformatted. I formatted them in the WebBio. Even though there was no error during the formatting, the drive properties would not show all three drives were formatted. I ran "Scan Disk" in WebBio, and only one or two disks would show formatted. When I ran scan disk again, another disk or a different set of two disks would show formatted. I did it again. Now only the first disk (SCSI 0) appears formatted. In addition, I was not able to "initiate a logical drive" but could see the logical drive with optimal status.

5. I could not reinstall Windows XP to the workstation. The installation was bailed out several times.

Any advice and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
May

No Responses!
No Events found!