Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 19th, 2019 00:00

iDRAC 4.00.00.00 doesn't send e-mails

Hi,

We received new servers and I decided to create template in OpenManage from one of the R640 servers and then apply it to newly arrived servers. After that I updated all firmwares including iDRAC to version 4.00.00.00 and iDRAC stopped sending e-mail alerts. 

If I downgrade FW to 3.36.36.36 - it works without any changes in settings. 

Could you please advise what I should tune to start receiving e-mail alerts with FW 4.00.00.00 ?

thank you.

• 

6.2K Posts

December 19th, 2019 09:00

There were a lot of changes made in 4.0 that may affect emails. I would start with number 18 in the Important notes section of the release notes.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/product/idrac9-lifecycle-controller-v4.x-series/docs

18. After iDRAC is upgraded to version 4.00.00.00, you may stop receiving encrypted email alerts from iDRAC, if the external email server does not support encryption. iDRAC firmware version 4.00.00.00 introduces a user-selectable encryption option and the default protocol is StartTLS. To start receiving email messages again, disable the email encryption by using the following RACADM command:
racadm set idrac.RemoteHosts.ConnectionEncryption None

If that does not resolve the issue then you should review the lifecycle log and your mail server log to try to determine what exactly is failing.

29 Posts

February 4th, 2020 01:00

that works! thank you very much!

Just curios, why I can't modify encryption settings using web interface.

No Events found!