Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2010 10:00

PC Tuneup Software

Hi Everybody

Running Widows Xp SP3 on a Dimension 9200

Making a mistake I needed to reformat my hard drive and re-install using Dell recovery disc.

(Dont ask.......... a self inflicted wound made worse by my failure to 'backup')

I have easily downloaded and re-installed most of my lost software except PCTuneup

I have had a hell of a lot of difficulty in obtaining a download link to the product (I have the registration key)

The supplying merchant does no more than 'auto respond' to my requests sending me the original invoice (which I had kept anyway) and its download link which is broken.

I knew the link was broken (probably timed out) as I had already tried

This software branded Dell is actually a disguised version of the well known Iolo 'System Mechanic'

Iolo refer me back to Dell.

All I want is a simple link that does not demand further payment.

My licence has more than 7 months to run

So two questions

1) Can anyone in the group point me to a working link ?

2) Does the group consider the software worth the effort ? Maybe I am better off with it cleansed from my system

There are many different points of view of this kind of product some thinking itt can do more harm than good

Keith

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 10th, 2010 15:00

See if this helps: Dell PC Tuneup  You will need to have your account info to sign in. I think leaving it off your system is the best option. Lots of problems reported  by posters here on the forum.

No Events found!