Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2015 17:00

Dell Printer E525W want email to Hotmail Account!!!

Hi, I've just installed my new Multifunction E525W Printer and it want email from it. It keeps coming up SMTP Error 016-507 JOB FAILURE.

I'm trying to scan to email and scan to Network Folder.

The printer is hooked up wireless to my WiFi network at home and prints wireless fine.

2 things I'm trying accomplish:

• Scan to a hotmail account. 
  • Scan to Network Folder.

Can someone please walk me through the settings?  Please help!

I have gone through Dell support who tried to help, but it didnt work. Anyone have any ideas how to overcome this issue.

Thx in advance.

30 Posts

November 23rd, 2015 23:00

Did you read the User Guide ? we dont know what you dont know..perhaps you can provide more information on what have you tried

For Scan to netwok folder ?

1.Use the bundled Dell Printer Hub Application to do the address book setup and Computer shared folder setup.

Or Manually setup with Printer embedded web server

2. 2 steps,( Enabled shared folder on computer and setup network address book from Printer)

a. enabled shared folder from a network computer that you have access to. Open Windows File Explorer, select a folder you want to share out. Right mouse click, clicking share and follow instructions on specifying the sharing name and sharing access right.

b,,From A browser, type in the printer's IP Address on the address Bar.  this will lead you to do the address book setup.

Address book required you to key in the access credential for the shared folder that you would like to access to.

For SMTP setup. highly recommending you to use the Printer Hub companion app that has information on how to input Hotmail/Outlook SMTP email server address

30 Posts

November 23rd, 2015 23:00

The following use to work for Microsoft SMTP account

Hotmail:

Primary SMTP Gateway: smtp.live.com / smtp.mail-outlook.com

SMTP Port number: 587

E-mail Send Authentication: SMTP AUTH (login)

SMTP Login User: xxxx

SMTP Login Password: xxxx

SMTP – SSL/TLS Communication: STARTTLS

2 Posts

November 24th, 2015 23:00

Thanks for your help.

The issue I'm having with scanning to email is the POP3 Port Number. It want let me put in 995 for hotmail. It only recognises (100, 5000-65535)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 25th, 2015 08:00

Bally333,

On the Gmail web server, click on the gear, settings, forwarding and pop.

Instructions can be found HERE.

Rick

1 Message

March 22nd, 2016 16:00

No, I cannot seem to scan with this printer - what is the problem - when I try to scan to email it says setup your SMPT server EMS - what is that

55 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 07:00

You don't need POP settings. Leave it blank. Just configure SMTP like Thundergod2 says.

No Events found!