Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2008 16:00

Compatibility Issue with HP Officejet J6480 (all in one-wireless)

After installing the software for the HP officejet J6480 on my Dell Latitude D430 (windows XP Pro) my computer freezes when booting up.  The dell splash screens loads, I then get the window to enter my password to load the desktop, a window pops up saying "loading personal settings" then after that loads, another window pops up saying" applying computer settings" and this is where the computer locks up.  I am still able to move the mouse but the screen is blue (the desktop hasn't loaded) with the applying computer settings window.  I called Dell and HP and neither could help me.  My computer is a work laptop and has some admin security passwords that I don't have access to, so I also called my company and they couldn't help me, short of sending my laptop in.  I messed around a little more and was able to load the desktop through the debugging mode and uninstall the software so my computer would work.  When speaking with the HP tech, he told me that there was a problem with some Dell laptops and HP printers not working but couldn't offer any solution.  I was amazed at the poor tech support offered by HP, Dell and even my own company.  The software loaded just fine on my personal Toshiba laptop and my personal dell desktop but for some reason will not work with the Latitude D430 laptop.  Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 22nd, 2008 18:00

Let's see if you installed everything correctly.

Disconnect your printer. Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Now download the latest drivers from here. Now the tricky part. You might need to have unrestricted account to install the printer.

You can try and install the printer. You'll be prompted when to connect it. If it doesn't allow you to do so because you are NOT an administrator, then you must do this.

Take the printer to work. have them un-install the printer and restart your computer. Then have them install the drivers for the printer. It will prompt them to connect it. Any bugs, they should be able to help you.

4 Posts

May 1st, 2008 14:00

Thanks for your reply PudgyOne.  The link you gave to download the latest drivers does not work.  Could you re-list the actual page address?

Thanks,

Renee

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 1st, 2008 18:00

Sorry, sometimes I do copy and paste the wrong information, I'm human, LOL.

Here is the correct place to download the drivers for the HP Officejet J6480

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3635378&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=7&lang=en&cc=us

No Events found!