Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2011 12:00

COMPUTER AND PRINTER NOT COMMUNICATING

I bought a new DELL v313 printer in July, 2011.  I installed it and used it for a month.  When I had non-printer problems with my computer (blue screen problems) I had them repaired. A new WIreless adapter was needed. 

SInce then I have not been able to connect my printer to the computer so that they communicate.  The service staff who fixed the blue screen problem were unable to reconnect the printer.  I need help.

September 10th, 2011 21:00

tonyok,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall your printer, start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V313 Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With your computer online, insert the printer disk. Install the printer and folow the instructions.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

8 Posts

September 11th, 2011 18:00

I did all of this, checked firewalls... what is happening with mine is that the print job is just sitting there in the queue, doing NOTHING, indefinitely.  It says "printing" but it isn't, and the Troubleshooter can't find anything wrong.  WHAT could possibly be happening?

2 Posts

March 1st, 2014 17:00

Hello, 

My Dell V515w printer does not print any documents, and I get this message:

THE PRINTER CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE COMPUTER.

Before this problem began, I went to "Start" --> "Control Panel" --> "Devices and Printers."

I right clicked on my printer, chose "Printer Properties."

I went to the "Advanced" tab and clicked the "Print Processor" button.

I chose "winprint" for the print processor and "NT EMF1.006" for the default data type.

Soon after making these changes to the settings, I noticed that I was not able to print and I kept running into this message:  

THE PRINTER CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE COMPUTER.

Can you please help me overcome this problem?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 1st, 2014 19:00

Jacklina,

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Did you reinstall the printer using these instructions?

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall your printer, start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V313 Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With your computer online, insert the printer disk. Install the printer and folow the instructions.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

2 Posts

March 15th, 2014 20:00

Dear Rock Star  -- Rick K.,

You give very clear directions...THANK YOU!

I need more help to solve the printing problem.

I uninstalled and re-installed the DELL V515w printer. 

However, I was unable to print a document, after I re-installing the computer.

When I tried to print an MS WORD document, I got this message:

>>>  Communication is not available.  

>>>  The printer does not communicate with the Printer.

Also, on the same warning message screen, I was told that I may need to:  

>>>  Check the firewall setting to ensure dleacoms.exe is not blocked.  

So, how can I make changes to the Firewall Setting to ensure dleacoms.exe is not blocked?  

Can you please offer me your clear, step-by-step directions, so that I may solve this problem without having to pay a computer technician a large sum of money to fix it?

Thank you so much for your help.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jacklin Gharibian

Lake Balboa, CA

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 16th, 2014 09:00

Jacklin,

Firewall can vary for operating system and virus programs.

Windows Firewall...

Start, control panel, Windows Firewall, Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall

Make sure anything that says Lexmark Communications Systems, Your model printer are allowed.

Click on change settings. If your printer is not listed, click on allow another program. click on browse, if the printer is not listed.

Look in

C:\Windows\System32

Anything that starts with

dlea
dleb
dlec
dlee

can be for your printer.

What color is the light on the printer? Is it showing that it's connected to your network?

Rick

April 14th, 2016 04:00

Generally the best way to solve these sorts of problems is to go the website of the manufacturer, drill down to your particular hardware in the support section and find and download and install the driver for your printer. Make sure it is the right one for your operating system and bits (as in 32 or 64) as there are differences among them. That method has nearly always worked for me.
The reason for going to the website as opposed to using the stock disc that came with the printer is that there are often bug fixes or updates that have happened since the disc was made. And, of course, the eternal, ongoing, operating system updates...
Source(s):
answers.yahoo.com/.../index

No Events found!