Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 8th, 2012 01:00

Windows 7 missing network adapter drivers (One Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit)

Hello,

As the title states, I'm having a problem when trying to install Windows 7. Usually, it all works when I install Windows 7 on this Poweredge T110 server. But, for today, it doesn't seem to work anymore! Help guys..

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 9th, 2012 21:00

If it is not listed under adapters or unknown, then it is not on ... or not functioning.  Check BIOS Setup (F2), Integrated Devices, and make sure that it is enabled.  If so, then the NIC has probably failed.  You might try clearing the NVRAM using the jumpers on the motherboard.  You might also try booting to a "live" CD to see if it works from there before giving up on it.  If that doesn't work, then just get yourself a network card.

11 Posts

December 8th, 2012 19:00

No comments? The eThernet  network adapter seems not to work!

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 8th, 2012 20:00

This place is not real lively on the weekend ... just FYI.

I'm sure you already know, but Windows 7 is not supported on the T110 (no client OS is supported on any Dell server).  That doesn't mean that it doesn't work, just that it "may" not, and that it is up to you to try and make it work and to troubleshoot any issues, as Dell does not publish the necessary drivers or support for it.

First, I would start by trying the network driver for Server 2008R2, which shares the same base OS as W7:

www.dell.com/.../poweredge-t110

Or you can try the W7 driver directly from Broadcom:

www.broadcom.com/.../netxtremeii.php

11 Posts

December 9th, 2012 15:00

Will try those out. The problem is, when I installed Windows Server Standard 2008, the network adapter does not work either.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 9th, 2012 16:00

Same thing ... it's likely missing the driver.

11 Posts

December 9th, 2012 19:00

Gahhh.. Not working.. It works for me before.. I tried installing Windows Server 2008, and the adapter isn't working either

Ehternet adapter does blink with red and yellow colors on startup, then it dissapears..

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 9th, 2012 20:00

Red or amber (orange)?  Red is not listed as a valid indicator in the manual, but if orange, that means a connection at 10/100 network speeds.  After the lights come on, they go off and don't come back on?

In Device Manager, does it recognize the network adapter or is it listed as unknown?

11 Posts

Hello, it should be orange, and yes, they don't come back on.

In device manager, the adapter is not there.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

In Device Manager, it should either be listed under Network Adapters or listed under Other Devices as an Unknown.

11 Posts

It's disabled!!!! Omg, thanks so much! t should be working now! It's listed under Network adapters now! Thanks so much!! Btw, Are you interested, If I sponsor you a website? Web hosting etc..

11 Posts

its not listed there..

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

I'm set on hosting, thanks ... just glad that is all it was and that you are back up and running.

No Events found!