Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2005 17:00

Open Licenses (CAL)

With windows 2003 server STANDARD i see where to add my licenses , but no place to enter my license number. I remember somebody telling me that i have 4 months or something to actually "verify" my install of the license and the keys and would have to set them up before the 4 months or all my CAL's would expire or something along thoes lines..

Is windows 2003 Standard like old NT days where its on the honor system? if not where do i enter in my license information, auth number, etc.. ?

1 Message

January 3rd, 2006 22:00

I too am having the same problem. I ordered two Windows Server 2003 License Packs. I have tried to add and register them, but I have no agreement number, and I don't really know where to add them exactly. When I add them through 'Licensing', it does not ask for an agreement number, serial number, or anything. Please help, I need to add these 10 CALs before next week! Thanks in advance. BTW I'm running Small Business Server 2003 on Dell PowerEdge 1800 as a file/print server.

Original Message:
"With windows 2003 server STANDARD i see where to add my licenses , but no place to enter my license number. I remember somebody telling me that i have 4 months or something to actually "verify" my install of the license and the keys and would have to set them up before the 4 months or all my CAL's would expire or something along thoes lines..

Is windows 2003 Standard like old NT days where its on the honor system? if not where do i enter in my license information, auth number, etc.. ?"

Message Edited by bkcaus on 01-03-2006 06:14 PM

No Events found!