Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2017 06:00

Integrated Intel GPU on R330 server

Hi,

After receiving of ordered R330 server with E3-1225v5 CPU with integrated graphic intel HD P530,  it was found that the integrated GPU is disabled. To run specifiс software product on this server it is mandatory of enabling of integrated Intel GPU (required Intel QuickSync technology). How to activate integrated GPU in this server? Anyone else encountered this problem and how it was decided?

Thank you.

• 

6.2K Posts

February 26th, 2017 08:00

Hello

How to activate integrated GPU in this server?

You can't, the chipset does not support CPU graphics.

Thanks

3 Posts

February 26th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

With all due respect, let me me not agree with this answer. R330 has Intel C236 chipset and this chipset supports CPU graphics.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

February 26th, 2017 20:00

No, the C236 doesn't have graphics built-in. It supports up to 3 separate displays through its video connections (on SUPPORTED implementations), but it is the processor OR supplementary graphics that provides the video capability. Your E5 processor supports onboard graphics but has been bypassed/disabled (likely by BIOS code) and the system uses a supplementary graphics chip, the Matrox G200 chip. It probably uses this low-end chip to preserve cycles for performance and reliability instead of trivial and largely unnecessary video processing.

You will likely have better luck with an add-in card than finding a way to enable the on-chip graphics.

3 Posts

February 26th, 2017 23:00

Hi,

Does the disabling of CPU integrated graphics only on Dell servers or on all vendors' servers? For example, HPE has ML10 tower server model with C236 chipset on which integrated graphics on CPU (E3-1225v5) is enabled. Or the same situation with Lenovo RS140 server on which C226 chipset and integrated CPU graphics is enabled.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

February 27th, 2017 06:00

Completely vendor-dependent and it could be different for models within a brand, depending on design specs. It is a controllable option for OEM's.

9 Posts

December 23rd, 2017 23:00

I wish I had found this sooner.  I bought a R230 for a similar reason, for Video Trans-coding.   Much to my shock, all that gets passed through to Ubuntu is the stupid Matrox adapter.   Garbage decision Dell.  I am not impressed.  Whats the point of selling a E3-1225/1275 chip...that has an iGPU...when you just disable it?   remove these options from your inventory choices or else you'll confuse a ton of other people.

No Events found!