Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 25th, 2018 11:00

Dell Digital Locker - Product Registration - Registration Code

I want to use the iDrac7 Express in a T320 but it requires a license. It is recently out of warranty so I am looking here for help. I can't download the iDrac license key without registering the server in the Dell Digital Locker and I can't do this without a registration code. I transferred the server ownership from the re-seller thinking we would get the registration code but we did not. How do we get the registration code? Thnaks

• 

6.2K Posts

January 25th, 2018 13:00

Hello

The registration code is either emailed, included on the order information paperwork, or both. If you do not have that information then you can contact customer care to request a registration code be created for you. You will likely need to call since other contact methods will typically require verification information that you will not have.

www.dell.com/support/contents/category/contact-information/customer-support

Thanks

1 Message

August 19th, 2019 10:00

rHello,

My company had a R720 motherboard complete failure which uses the Enterprise License. Our 3rd party support company replaced the MB and updated the serial number to match the original M/B. They installed the temporary Enterprise license because they can't retrieve/export the original paid Enterprise License.  Is there anyway to retrieve the original Enterprise license to correct this,   We can not find purchasing information .  We dont have these issues with other vendors   Like IBM/Lenovo (just needs a serial number to activate the "FOD" feature on demand  code.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Message

November 30th, 2019 09:00

Hello Daniel,

I have attempted to contact Dell to create a registration code and they WILL NOT create a registration code without purchasing a one time warranty OR 1 year warranty.. Furthermore, I purchased the computer in 2013 and have the invoice, but it does not have a registration code on such nor did I ever receive an email with a registration code included.... Any other suggestions (i.e.; might I be able to find a registration code on the computer itself?

Tim

No Events found!