Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2020 07:00

Shift+Space+W doesn't work but Shift+Space+ works

Hello,

I've got myself a new Dell Keyboard because the old one had the problem where the 1qaz keys work intermittently. 

The new keyboard is a Dell KB-216-B. The old keyboard was a KB-212-B.

The old keyboard was able to register Shift+W+Space. Of course essential for most games.

But, the new keyboard can't register Shift+Space+W, but it can register Shift+Space+ WORKS!

Is there any way to fix this? Or is it just a poorly built circuit board? I feel its weird it can do that combination with EVERY other key BUT W. 

Would really appreciate some help 

478 Posts

May 20th, 2020 15:00

It could be a defective keyboard, but I doubt it. More likely it can't properly handle key rollover. See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29#n-key_rollover

Dell probably buys and re-badges keyboards from multiple suppliers, so you never know what you'll get.

If you can't return it or swap it, you'll probably need to buy another keyboard unless you can reprogram the game's settings to use a different key combo.

May 20th, 2020 23:00

You're right.

It must be that it can't register simulataneous keypresses.

Thank you very much for your help!

1 Message

December 20th, 2020 19:00

i have the exact same keyboard with the exact same problem. my one came with my dell g5 gaming desktop, and its very frustrating not having these keys work correctly. One alternative i used is using E, S, D, F instead of W, A, S, D - although that makes it uncomfortable to use the shift key

1 Message

April 13th, 2021 13:00

plz help me not working shift+w+space

1 Message

December 22nd, 2022 04:00

man bro. my keyboard that came with my g5 was good , all of a sudden it stops like whatttt

May 27th, 2023 11:00

I have a dell keyboard and it doesn't work too and I don't know why when I play roblox or something else.

No Events found!