Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2003 00:00

NetZero HiSpeed

Netzero is announcing a new pay service called NetZeroHiSpeed and I wondering what this service really has to offer?.According to what I read it does not increase the transmission speed of files or attachments, including music or video. Since it does nor require a cable modem or a DSL line and only accelerate certain web page text and graphics, it doesn't seen like a great help. They also said that Netzero HiSpeed is not a broadband Service and that actual data transmission rates are no faster than standard dial-up internet service. So what are we really getting?

I also waant to know if there is any software, shareware or freeware that does the same worK

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 6th, 2003 19:00

It's still dial-up. Apparently they are using a proprietary compression technique to make graphics and streaming media load faster. But it's not broadband by any stretch of the imagination.

3.4K Posts

April 7th, 2003 03:00

@Josbet wrote:

Netzero is announcing a new pay service called NetZeroHiSpeed and I wondering what this service really has to offer?.According to what I read it does not increase the transmission speed of files or attachments, including music or video. Since it does nor require a cable modem or a DSL line and only accelerate certain web page text and graphics, it doesn't seen like a great help. They also said that Netzero HiSpeed is not a broadband Service and that actual data transmission rates are no faster than standard dial-up internet service. So what are we really getting?

I also waant to know if there is any software, shareware or freeware that does the same worK

Hi,

My bet is that they are using software to pre-fetch pages that you may go to next.
It's the same kind of software as marketscore.com offers.

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Helping Dell talkers here since 1997
Memory upgrade information

Find the ...

"How much memory / RAM can my system hold?"
"What kind of memory is it?"
"How do I install my new memory / RAM?"

... and other memory information.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 8th, 2003 14:00

Any dial-up service that brands itself "high speed" is false advertising.

201 Posts

October 2nd, 2004 02:00

okokokokokokok it is not hispeed cable but it is higher speed dial up.  The exact amount of acceleration can vary but with NetZero HiSpeed you will notice a significantly faster experience when you visit Web sites, read your Email on the Web, and perform many other Web-based activities. Click here for a speed comparison of NetZero HiSpeed to standard dial-up.

thanks brian

ps i an now using it with my aol browser. there is a noticeable speed up. brian

anyone one knows words can have umpteen meanings. just look in thec dictionary for a start.

No Events found!