Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2009 13:00

My Wireless Receiver (?) can't detect my Belkin N+ router

I have an XPS 400 and I recently reinstalled XP. My computer can detect my older router, but not the N+. Is there someway I can resolve this issue?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2009 14:00

Mastam53,

Try connecting to the Belkin with no security. It should connect. Then try it with WEP Security, it should connect. Then try it with WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security and if it doesn't connect and I suspect it won't then it's an issue with the Belkin Wireless N Router. I had problems with another member and he couldn't get the 3300 Wireless Print Adapter to connect to the Belkin Wireless N router. Hooked up his Linksys and it connected.

It's a Belkin problem but they'll say it's your computer. If you cannot get it to work, then take it back.

Rick

7 Posts

Also, other computers can connect to it, just not mine.

7 Posts

I think we misunderstand each other. My computer doesn't even have the router under "Available Wireless Networks". So I can't connect at all.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2009 15:00

Mastam53,

Is this a Belkin Wireless N or a Dual Band?

Does your computer have a wireless N card.

Wireless b,g use the 2.4gh band

Wireless n uses the 5.8gh band

Unless the wireless N router is setup to use wireless g band, any wireless b, g card will not see of connect. But using the wireless G kinda defeats the purpose of the wireless N network unless it's a dual band.

Rick

7 Posts

December 12th, 2009 15:00

I have a Wireless N router. I have the standard 1450 802.11 wireless card. I think it can use both frequencies because I can choose which I want to use.

7 Posts

December 12th, 2009 16:00

I don't have a laptop I have a desktop but it's the same thing I guess. I can see my other router which is g, but how can I get the N+ to show up?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Mastam53,

How to login to your wireless router

Look for a setting to change it to mixed mode or G mode. See if it connects.

The desktop is not plugged into the wireless router, correct? Your setup should be...

wall > ISP modem/router > Belkin wireless router > wired/wireless

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Mastam53,

DELL LAPTOP 1450 802.11a/b/g MINI WIRELESS CARD

Note... it says a/b/g so it needs to have the 2.4gh band to connect. A wireless N card can connect on either bandwidth. You should be able to see other wireless g networks in your neighborhood.

Rick

7 Posts

December 12th, 2009 17:00

It is in mixed mode but it still doesn't connect. That is how its setup.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2009 20:00

Mastam53,

I really think this is a Belking issue with their wireles N routers. They do not like to communicate with WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security.

Did you try using WPA-AES Security or WPA2-AES Security?

I need WPS-PSK(TKIP) Security(Personal) for my wireless print adapter and USB adapters.

Rick

7 Posts

December 13th, 2009 04:00

See, the issue is that my computer can't detect the router so I can't use any security.

No Events found!