Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

May 3rd, 2020 08:00

Cannot update my Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth driver

The Bluetooth for my audio devices is not working on my Dell desktop running win 10. The Bluetooth on/off switch is missing and the Qualcomm driver is not up-to-date. The version on the my system is 10.0.0.916, but the newer version on dell.com is 12.0.0.916. I cannot get the driver to update. Thanks for any help.

1 Message

June 9th, 2020 21:00

Hi,

If you see the BLUETOOTH driver version as 10.0.0.916, you already have the latest version.

Transcripting from the source below:

After you install this update, Qualcomm QCA61x4A and QCA9377 WiFi version displayed in Device Manager is v12.0.0.916.
After you install this update, Qualcomm QCA61x4A and QCA9377 Bluetooth version displayed in Device Manager is v10.0.0.916.

Source: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=4747j&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-14-3400-laptop&lwp=rt

I'm having the same issue as you do: the Bluetooth on/off switch is missing, so I updated the driver with the installer downloaded from Dell Support site hoping to solve my problem. It did not work. I hope somebody else help us here, otherwise I'm going to ask my IT team to open a case.

5 Posts

August 19th, 2020 05:00

Me too. Disappeared after Windows 10 update. Spent an hour on the phone with Dell support and no solution yet. It's as if it doesn't exist. Downloaded the most recent driver 12.0.0.953_A39_02, but still doesn't work. Interestingly, if you right click - "Troubleshoot compatibility" it comes back with "Windows compatibility mode: Windows 8"

5 Posts

August 21st, 2020 07:00

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem - bluetooth "disappeared" after the Windows 10 upgrade. It's as if it doesn't see the Dell's driver and acts like there is no bluetooth installed. I've spent at least an hour and a half with Dell techs with no solution. Promises to call me (they don't) and I've downloaded every driver, firmware update, etc., etc. This computer isn't even a year old. My guess is that they need to update their driver to make it compatible with the latest version of Windows. The closest thing they've provided for a fix is to suggest I buy into their $99 plan because I have a "software issue."

1 Message

August 24th, 2020 08:00

Hi there !

Having the same issue since the last Windows 10 update. On/Off radio button disappeared.

@KFGinKCMO : "My guess is that they need to update their driver to make it compatible with the latest version of Windows." I think your guess is totally right since it suddenly disappeared just after and there is no way to display it right now.

If you still want to use BT you can use command line as said here : https://superuser.com/questions/1168551/turn-on-off-bluetooth-radio-adapter-from-cmd-powershell-in-windows-10

I'm really interested if anyone finds a solution here.

Thanks !

5 Posts

August 24th, 2020 09:00

I finally gave up, spent $17 on an external bluetooth and it works fine. Just irritated that this computer is still under warranty, came with bluetooth functionality and now it doesn't work with Windows 10 most recent update. The lack of input from Dell support is also frustrating. But - oh well - buy a cheap external bluetooth and you're back in business. 

1 Message

October 18th, 2020 03:00

Me too! exact same issue, apparently my bluetooth driver has become 'corrupted' and needs to be replaced!

Also am within warranty, so very concerned that this has even happened so early on!

5 Posts

October 18th, 2020 08:00

Like you, my laptop is still under warranty and I've received nothing but crickets from Dell (except to say that my warranty is near expiration and I should sign up for their fine service). Hmmmm... why exactly?

Frustrating. Seems like all they have to do is update their driver.

5 Posts

October 27th, 2020 06:00

Finally got a solution:

1. Shutdown system. Unplug AC power cord and then press power button for 10 seconds. 
  2. Then power on system and go to device manager.
  3. In Device Manager, expand Bluetooth and check if the Bluetooth device is listed or if it has a yellow exclamation next to it. If there is a yellow exclamation next to the Bluetooth device, uninstall this device.
  4. If not, click on View and select 'Devices by connection'
  5. Expand ACPI x64-based PC > Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System > PCI Express Root Complex > Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller > USB Root Hub > uninstall the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).
  6. Then go to Device Manager and click on Action > Scan for hardware change, the Bluetooth driver will be installed.

NOTE: I did not do steps 1 and 2 and it worked just fine.

1 Message

September 20th, 2021 12:00

I went into "supportassist" and from the dell menu updated the drivers. It worked again after that.

1 Message

January 29th, 2024 19:46

@KFGinKCMO​  Hallelujah - this worked!  Sending you a big virtual hug and smooch for helping out a complete stranger! THANK YOU!

March 11th, 2024 03:56

ps i still have a strange issue where my wifi and bluetooth card comes up as another brand from what dell says should be in my computer.  I bought it used so its entirely possible but not very likely that it was changed out.  That being said its weird because its showing two different wifi cards installed but theres only one for sure and that much i know.  Its showing a qualcomm and a killer wireless and im pretty sure the killer wireless is the correct one.  The promblem im having now though is that some items dont allow me to remove them from my list of bluetooth devices and then some items give me a extremely hard time adding them but then when theyre added it works fine.

No Events found!