Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 24th, 2008 09:00

Software compression question

Hey all. How does NW restore software that's been compressed. Let me ask this: does NW use hardware or software compression at all? I have a device that will and I don't want to compress a 'compressed' file if you know what I mean. How does it put it back if it is compressed. Just curious thanks

2K Posts

March 25th, 2008 01:00

As a standard, in the client resource you would see an attribute called "Directives". You can drop down and select "NT with compression directives" or "UNIX with compression directives" based on your needs.

Alternatively, you can create your own directive under Configuration and apply it under the client resource as Daniel has mentioned.

2K Posts

March 24th, 2008 10:00

If you use compression directives, Networker would compress it on client and send to the device. If you do not use compression directives, Networker will send data as is and the device would compress it if enabled there.

261 Posts

March 24th, 2008 10:00

If you use compression directives, Networker would
compress it on client and send to the device. If you
do not use compression directives, Networker will
send data as is and the device would compress it if
enabled there.

Thanks. Where do I find the NW compression directives at? This new 7.4 is great but hard to navigate!

724 Posts

March 24th, 2008 19:00

You just need to create a directive and associate that with the client. Your directive will look like:

<<"/Folder">>
+compressasm:

Nw 7.4 Admin Guide has a list of directives in page 158, you may want to look there for more info if you need

455 Posts

March 25th, 2008 02:00

I use both the standard and my own directives, they all work.
Take a look at the documentation, there are lots of simple examples there.

261 Posts

March 25th, 2008 05:00

I use both the standard and my own directives, they
all work.
Take a look at the documentation, there are lots of
simple examples there.

all you guys are great! thanks for all the help
No Events found!