Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 11th, 2005 01:00

my monitor stays blank with orange light on

after my computer is idle for a bit and the mouse is moved...the screen will not come back on. If i hit the power button on the monitor it will turn green for a few seconds and then return to the orange color and the screen stays blank...what could be causing this?

19 Posts

August 11th, 2005 12:00

Try updating your video card drivers, that might solve the problem. If you press the power button a second time does the computer turn off eventually. Do you know if your computer is going into hibernation mode or is it just going to sleep. If you have access to a second monitor you may want to try that but I doubt that is the problem but you never know.

Message Edited by MTBikerTim on 08-11-2005 08:32 AM

August 11th, 2005 23:00

Hi.  Your computer might just be going into sleep or hibornation.  When the orange light turns on on your monitor that means the monitor is in standby which means there is no signal coming to it.  When it turns green the computer is sending a signal to the monitor so it goes out if standby.  Try going into your powermanagment and disbling standby or tell it to never turn off the monitor.

computercompute

No Events found!