Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2017 19:00

UP3216Q, MacBook Pro, not working properly

The only way I can connect my MacBook Pro 15" Late 2016 to UP3216Q is through the HDMI cable with a USB-C to female HDMI converter.  Best resolution I get this way is at 30 MHz. If I try to connect through the mDP or the DP using USB-C to TB2 converter, the MacBook Pro doesn't detect the UP3216Q at all.

Any ideas? 

7 Posts

January 5th, 2017 08:00

I guess that link didn't really work. Anyway, using that adapter, you would have to connect with an HDMI cable. I'm personally going to try using the USB-C to DisplayPort cable and according to this one (www.amazon.com/.../B01EXKDRAC) it would work. Not sure how that link will show up in this reply.

7 Posts

I have the same problem. Apparently the USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 Converter does not support external DisplayPort or mini DisplayPort connections. You will need the other Media adapter (http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter?fnode=8b) unfortunately.

7 Posts

Ok, so I'm really link-challenged today, yeesh. Go to Amazon and search for B01EXKDRAC and it will show up.

5 Posts

January 8th, 2017 20:00

I solved problem with this one:

store.google.com/.../usb_type_c_to_displayport_cable

It is a usb-c to display port cable.

Since it is not a convertor I prefer it.  Works great,

5 Posts

January 8th, 2017 20:00

Do you know if  you can get the USB ports working on Mac?

7 Posts

January 9th, 2017 05:00

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Can you explain a little more?

I did get a cable just like what you showed. It came on Friday and I haven't had a chance to connect it at my office workstation yet.

5 Posts

January 10th, 2017 00:00

You know there are USB ports on the monitor. Could you get them to work with macOS? If I connect anthing to those ports the laptop doesn't recognize them.

7 Posts

January 10th, 2017 08:00

I see what you mean now. No, I can't get the USB to work either. I plugged in a USB external backup drive and the Apple Superdrive and neither not show up in my Finder. I did switch to the DisplayPort 1.2 setting just to check that too. I don't use any USB devices, so not a big deal to me. Meanwhile, the external monitor part works great. The screen real estate is huge and complements the laptop screen well.

Since Dell does not provide Apple OS drivers for the UP3216Q, our best bet is to ask here on the Apple Forum.

No Events found!