Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2004 19:00

2001FP pixel problem

Hi Everyone,

I just got my 2001fp yesterday and have it up and running.  It was displaying beautifully until...I changed my wallpaper.  I went to the sony spider-man site and applied the spider-man wallpaper with the bright orange background...  http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/downloads/wallpapers/files/destiny_1600.jpg

Once this was applied, a vertical line of red pixels began to flash vertically along the left side of my monitor, about an inch in.  This is really annoying.  It's odd because the line of vertical flashing pixels only appears when I have bright reddish/orange images on the screen.

I'm utilizing DVI and have updated the video card and monitor drivers.  The problem still remains.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions on how I may arrive at a resolution?  Or could this monitor be defective?

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

48 Posts

July 17th, 2004 22:00

sound like defective to me.

download iiyama Monitor Test here
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_monitor.html

run the test see if you find anything.

9 Posts

July 18th, 2004 02:00

I ran the test and everything came out fine.  A friend of mine mentioned that it may also be my video card? I have a geforce4 ti4400.  could this be causing it? it's weird, because now the line of flashing pixels come out randomly, not only on bright images anymore...but after a few minutes they disappear...

should i return the monitor?

9 Posts

July 18th, 2004 03:00

now i have a broken line of green pixels to go with the red ones that appear vertically along the left hand side of my monitor. they seem to appear, dance and flicker for several minutes, then disappear...

i'm thinking about returning it now...the only thing i'm afraid of is getting a refurb after only having this thing for only two days!

if anyone can help me, i would really appreciate it. thanks.

48 Posts

July 18th, 2004 03:00

to confirm that it is not your video card problem, hook up another monitor, if everything is fine, the LCD is defective.

179 Posts

July 19th, 2004 10:00

You didn't say what video card you have, but if it is an ATI go to the settings control panel and check the "reduce DVI frequency" box. There is also another "DVI" box to check, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. You can't miss it it's next to the "reduce DVI frequency" box. Don't worry you will not lose any performance and it'll fix your problem. My 2001FP did the same thing as what you've described, but I checked the boxes and the problem went away. I can bring the problem back at will by unchecking the boxes. If you have an Nvidia card you are own your own. G.L.  

9 Posts

July 19th, 2004 17:00

I just figured out the video card is not the problem.  I switch to the "self test feature check" and the problem still occurred without being connected to the vid card.  THE MONITOR IS DEFECTIVE..it's going back to dell and i better get a brand new one, none of that refurbished junk..i've only had this thing for 4 days.

9 Posts

July 19th, 2004 17:00

I have an nvidia card...is there an option within nvidia cards that i can set? thanks.

9 Posts

July 19th, 2004 23:00

would you guys suggest i take my chances by getting another 2001FP, get my money back, or opt for a different monitor? thanks.

179 Posts

July 20th, 2004 10:00

Consider that this board has an extreme disporportion towards problems. The people that post here usually do so to express trouble they have. I'd say less than 1% are happy with their purchase. As such don't base your decision on what you see here. I'm sure there are 10s of thousands of people that have trouble free monitors and are happy with their purchase (like me), but you will never hear from them here.

9 Posts

July 20th, 2004 15:00

yes, you're right joe.  i've decided to give them another try.  i should be getting my new 2001FP this week.  i'll let you guys know how the new one fairs.  thank you all for the advice.
No Events found!