Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

June 2nd, 2004 03:00

screen scrolls to bottom

Help! I have a Inspiron 2650 and am having a problem. When I'm on websites all of the suden the screen will scroll to the bottom of the open window. I use the page up button or arrow keys to go up and it goes up but immediately back down. Same thing happens when I "reply" to an email on hotmail.com. I reply to an email, the original email is at the bottom of the screen. All the sudden my text is no longer in the top of the screen where I'm typing, but has moved to the bottom and I can't get the cursor to stay at the top. I've noticed this in word documents too.

It's like some ghost is pressing "CONTROL END" as I am on the computer. It's happening more and more often lately. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my keyboard, built in mouse or what. I have not spilled any liquidor food on my laptop.

HELP!!!

3.1K Posts

June 2nd, 2004 12:00

brettsummitt,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I would recommend reinstalling the touch-pad drivers on your system.  You may also wish to reinstall the suspect programs on your system.

June 14th, 2004 02:00

anybody know how I reinstall my touchpad drivers?

I'm so frustrated with this Dell, I can't seem to do anything with it as trying to correct the problem I can never keep the cursor at the top of the screen to try and correct it.

I'm ready to toss this in the garbage and never buy another Dell. Any help in where I can download th touchpad drivers to reinstall?????????? I never received any disks with my laptop so don't tell me to go there, that's a whole other story I finally gave up on.

3.1K Posts

June 14th, 2004 12:00

brettsummitt,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

There are reinstall guides on the support site that provide instructions on how to install / reinstall particular drivers on your system. Current drivers for your system are also available from the Downloads tab (above).

4 Posts

August 8th, 2004 23:00

I am having the same problem.  I have done the following:

Reset the bios, reset the computer, reinstalled the touchpad drivers, did a repair reinstall of Windows XP

and it is STILL HAPPENING!!

Did you fix your problem, and if so, how?  I am minutes away from buying a new non-Dell laptop because I can't work like this!

August 9th, 2004 01:00

No, my problem has not been solved. I've tried everything, still having the same problem. I can't afford it now as I replaced my Dell desktop with a HP because was having other problems with that- but as soon as I can I will be doing exactly what you're thinking, replacing my Dell laptop with another brand.

4 Posts

August 10th, 2004 00:00

Try this, it worked for me:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Follow the steps in this link to change your mouse pointer speed to slow.  It will be annoyingly slow moving around on your desktop, but try it.  While it is still set to slow, open a new window.  I opened a new Internet Explorer window, and the cursor didn't scroll down.  Then go back to the mouse settings and change the speed back to where you like it, and try opening a new window again.  It should be ok.  My computer is back to its old self.

Thanks to Rajeev from Dell tech support!

4 Posts

August 17th, 2004 21:00

My system started doing the same thing again.  Turns out, I needed a new keyboard.  A friend of mine who works in IT diagnosed it for me, then told me to go on eBay and get a new keyboard.  I did this, spent $25 instead of $1600 and my system is like new again.
No Events found!