Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

July 11th, 2003 09:00

microsoft bluetooth mouse

I have a dell inspiron 8500 laptop with built in bluetooth and the microsoft bluetooth mouse does not seem to work with the laptop or even be detected or recognize.  Any advice from anyone.  Should I just return it and get my money back.

78 Posts

November 22nd, 2003 12:00

Two things:

(1) I've read that the Microsoft bluetooth mouse works only with its own bluetooth stations

(2) MORE IMPORTANTLY, if you look in the Inspiron Bluetooth manual, on the specifications page, "Bluetooth mouse" is listed as an "UN-SUPPORTED PROFILE"

November 23rd, 2003 04:00

what do you mean by unsuported profile?

78 Posts

November 24th, 2003 02:00

There is a list of different types of profiles.  One type is called "Unsupported Profile" and includes HID, mouse and other things.  It's in the manual

Other people on the board have been able to use mice, so it could be just that Dell hasn't updated the manual

2 Posts

November 24th, 2003 18:00

I'm interested in the comment that "other people have gotten the mice to work".  Have they really?  I spent much of the weekend on the phone with both Dell and Microsoft try to get a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse to work.  I have the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and it works fine.  I don't have the Dell internal 300 Bluetooth Card yet because I want to get the mouse working with it's own transmitter first.  The mouse worked when I first installed it.  But will not work after a shut down and new start up.  I can get it to work each time by removing it and going through the discovery process again.  But as soon as I shut down and restart it won't work again.  It is being found on start up but the drivers don't load.  It is only in "Remembered" state, not "Authenticated" like the keyboard.  MS is now scratching their heads and have the problem with a research team.  Does anyone here have any suggestions?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, what about someone's comment earlier that these MS Bluetooth devices will only work with their own transmitters?  Is that true?  Is this not going to work with the Dell 300 Bluetooth card?  If this is the case, what makes these anything but just another wireless device, only more expensive?

Thanks for the help.

November 25th, 2003 01:00

It is very true that ms mouse bluetooth will work only with it own transreceiver, even though you have dell truemobile 300 bluetooth internal card which by the way I have.  When I first bought the mouse I thought something was wrong with it and I returned it only later to find out on google forum and ms forum that it works only with it own receiver but it work just fine with mac computer bluetooth enable go figure.

14 Posts

November 27th, 2003 03:00

Am I the only one that thinks its asinine that this so called Bluetooth mouse only works with the Microsoft transceiver??  What is the point of having standards and purchasing an internal Bluetooth card if you just have to have another bluetooth dongle to talk to a peripheral?  This kind of s*** makes me crazy.  I'm glad I read this forum before I unboxed the mouse.

Does anyone know of a bluetooth mouse that WILL work with the Dell internal bluetooth card?

Thanks

14 Posts

December 10th, 2003 10:00

i've got a D800, with internal bluetooth. I use it all the time with the internal receiver with no problems. I completely stayed clear of the intellipoint software as it uninstalls othe input device drivers (stick and pad) and let the notebook discover it. I've read of other people having problems, but these can be overcome with the latest drivers.

14 Posts

December 11th, 2003 12:00

just a quick updat, not only have I gotten the mouse working, but now i use the supplied dongle on a different computer and use it for bluetooth networking...even though its supposed to be impossible with the microsoft dongle! 700kbps aint bad.

1 Message

December 12th, 2003 01:00

I have been using The MS Bluetooth mouse and keyboard on a 600m with internal card for 6 months.  Make sure you are using updated BT drivers from dell site.  The only thing that doesnt work are the changing of the button functions, you have to use the default settings.

December 18th, 2003 18:00

I had intial problems setting up and pairing the mouse, turn the mouse over, you will find the connect channel button press this and I found that my mouse was reconignised by the BT sofware and bingo it worked from that day on no probs.

2 Posts

December 29th, 2003 10:00

This is the final installment in this adventure.  Finally received the 300 internal bluetooth card from Dell, installed it in my 8500, installed updated drivers from Dell, went through the discovery process for both the keyboard and mouse and everything works fine....no MS bluetooth dongle hanging out the back of the laptop.  Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!  Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

February 15th, 2004 03:00

i just flash my bios with ao5 and install the bluetooth driver that support hid.  i am not sure what hid suppose to do.

do i still have to use microsoft transreceiver with the bluetooth mouse or not.  i read the manual and i do see where mouse, keyboard, joystick etc are not a supported profile.

any advice will help.

thank you.

14 Posts

February 15th, 2004 15:00

I kept away from the microsoft driver and dongle. Just use the Dell suite to discover devices while pressing the connect button on the underside of the mouse. Right click on it when it appears, connect, then pair, worked fine for me.

February 15th, 2004 20:00

i8500 laptop

ok, i deleted ms driver for bluetooth mouse and i did not use the transreceiver on the back of the laptop.  i updated to dell lastest bluetooth driver for ao5 bios.  i went into my bluetooth places-- click on it--click bluetooth setup wizard---microsoft mouse was discovered with a question mark on it.  i did press the tiny button on the back of the mouse for discovery and this is what i got. 

"remote devices must be in discoverable mode for this computer to find them.  for assistance in making a remote device discoverable, refer to the remote device's documentation".

what is the latest driver for bluetooth?  is it r58942.

any help will be greatly appreciated

thank you

14 Posts

February 16th, 2004 15:00

did you hold down the connect button while the software was searching? I'm on a D800 bios A06, bluetooth R69851
No Events found!