Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

May 13th, 2015 08:00

battery is low press F1 to continue , But Battery is Fine .

Today i suddenly started Getting This Battery Low Warning on System Startup , i check in Bios But Their are no Battery Related settings in it. So how i Fix this Warning ?? this Warning is Really Annoying.

Please see This Screenshot of my Battery Details.

My Laptop is Dell Inspiron N4050 .
Here is my System Detail (ScreenShot).

Thanks in Advance...

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 13th, 2015 09:00

Hi FurqanHanif,

We will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.

1. Start the computer by pressing the power button
  2. Press the F2 key 2-3 times
  3. you will now be on the BIOS screen
  4. Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type
  5. If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.
  6. Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.

Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the battery. You can download Support assist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on Battery to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know the findings.

18 Posts

May 13th, 2015 13:00

Charger is working Fine and also Charger is detected By Bios Too . Actually the problem is , when my Battery Charged 100% and i remove the Charger and shutdown the Laptop (PC) and then again start it using Power Button then i get that Message. But in the past , this warning only showed up when my Battery Light Become RED (Or when,when Battery Capacity is at 10-15%). But Now even on Full Charge Battery i'm Getting That Low Battery and F1 Stuff when i start my PC... :/ 

Here is Dell SupportAssist Log File.

www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php

(Sorry For my Bad English)

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 13th, 2015 14:00

If it is the original battery it might be time to replace it. That model computer is from 2012. Batteries usually last about 1-3 years. Make sure to get a genuine dell replacement. Try removing the battery and using the adapter alone plugged into an outlet to save the cost of a new battery. That will test the adapter too.  Or consider replacing the computer. 

18 Posts

May 15th, 2015 02:00

But My Battery Wear Level is around 40% , which is OK i Think . My Friends Battery Wear Level is Around 20% and he ain't getting that Message. i also run the Dell Diagnostics which showing Battery is Fine.. SO then i Don't Think Year Matters if Battery is OK... 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 23rd, 2015 05:00

Hi FurqanHanif,

Battery is a consumable product and the life of a battery depends upon the usage. The battery life span can range between 2 - 3 years depending upon the usage However, warranty provided on battery is for 1 year.

You can refer to the tips in the link below to increase the performance of the battery on your system.

http://dell.to/1wFRuXE

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!