Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2013 11:00

Wifi Switch not working - dell inspiron 1525

The wifi switch at the side of my dell laptop (dell inspiron 1525) is broken therefore I can't switch on my wifi. What's the solution to either fixing the side button or getting the wifi to work another way? 

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 03:00

Hi,... 

press F2 key while booting your laptop and enter bios.there u can see Wireless settings in the left bottom side.explore wireless >Wireless Switch  and select None. Save the settings and exit. enjoy your Wifi from next logon. :emotion-1:

May 7th, 2013 12:00

Hi Aishooooooo,

Inspiron 1525's wireless switch is located on a separate daughter-board, which is connected internally to bottom base and motherboard. Depending upon the extent of damage, the WiFi Switch and the bottom base of your system might need replacement. You may open the system chassis and try to turn the wireless on with the help of wireless daughter-board. For better understanding, you may refer to the images below :

For disassembly/reassembly of system, you may refer to the service manual Here

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.

1 Message

July 26th, 2013 11:00

thnx alot :)  for ur help :D

July 26th, 2013 16:00

Hi salmatariq,

I am glad you found the information helpful.

Feel free to reach us if you need any further assistance.

June 4th, 2014 11:00

The switch on my computer works....I wiped my hard drive and now my computer doesn't recognize that it has wifi. The blue tooth light comes on but the wifi light does not. Still an inspiron 1525

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 4th, 2014 13:00

awakeningvitality,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software (if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 03:00

Hi,... 

press F2 key while booting your laptop and enter bios.there u can see Wireless settings in the left bottom side.explore wireless >Wireless Switch  and select None. Save the settings and exit. enjoy your Wifi from next logon. :emotion-1: thank you

1 Message

October 11th, 2014 01:00

Thank you so much, it works great now.

1 Message

April 8th, 2015 14:00

Thank you sooooo much. I was preparing a paper and my good ol' trusty Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop lost connection and said I had to turn the switch on. I turned that switch every which way but loose. The previous suggestions had me feelding defeated and I was just about to quit reading when I got to your suggestion. The menu read a little differently than you described but I found the wireless switch menu and clicked on None and now I'mback in business with my Dell for another 100 years! Thank you sooo much!

2K Posts

April 8th, 2015 14:00

Hi tO2OAmAzon,

Thank you for the update.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to contact us anytime.

Thanks and Regards,

Rishi

3 Posts

May 7th, 2015 09:00

:emotion-1: you are welcome and I'm happy to know that my post helped someone

No Events found!