Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

1 Message

April 11th, 2006 18:00

Type H, xD-picture card support?

Hello all,
I have a Inspiron 9400 laptop, and Fuji ‘Type H’ xD-picture card. The card works in the camera, but when I use it in the laptops card reader I get errors in the pictures. The card is recognised and the pictures can be opened but they have small randomly occurring coloured lines in them. Videos sometimes play back with glitchs in the sound, or media player loses contact with the device.

The data sheet for the Ricoh R5C832 chip set says it supports ‘type m’ cards, and Fuji say that they are interchangeable with regard to compatibility. But I’m not sure this is the case as I’ve seen some readers say they support type M and not H.

So my question is, does the 9400 support type H cards?

Thanks for your time. Hope someone can help.

2.2K Posts

October 11th, 2006 19:00

littlesthobo,

Please check to make sure that you have the latest BIOS and the latest Ricoh drivers for the card reader. These are obvious things that you have probably already checked, but it is best to be sure.

Do other memory cards work correctly?

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2006 23:00

Hello,
I have an Inspiron 6400, and have excactly the same problem. I have updated the driver (1.0.2.4), and the Bios. It did not help.
What to do? Is it the "H" card problem?
BR Thomas

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2006 23:00

BTW: Memory Stick cards work correctly...
BR Thomas

10 Posts

May 15th, 2007 19:00

I am also having the same corruption problem with the xD reader. I use SD and microSD (with an adapter) in the same reader and haven't run into any problems with those cards. Transferring the photos with my USB reader doesn't produce any problems, so it must be the Ricoh reader. I have the most recent drivers and firmware. Neill
No Events found!