Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 14th, 2014 00:00

Touch Pad is not working

My Touch Pad is not working after upgrading windows 7 to window 8.1. I am using Inspiron 14 3442. I already installed touch pad driver  [Input_Driver_H4TWP_WN_18.0.7.1_A00.EXE ]. Is there anything that i can do to get my touchpad back???? plz help me

September 19th, 2014 00:00

For the touch pad issue :

Problem solved on my Inspiron 14 3442, windows 8. The problems come from incomplete driver pack for Chipset/Mainboard which provided on Dell's website. It was also frustrating can't use touch pad.

I've tried to traced back based on the hardware detail on the device manager on Windows 8, there are two drivers missing from the driver pack for Chipset/Mainboard :

1. Intel Serial IO DMA Controller.

2. Intel Serial IO Driver.

After Googling based on matching the PCI Device ID finally I've found drivers for both above.

One from Lenovo's website, and one from Dell's website. 

1. Please download driver from my shared links below, I've rename the file name for my own reference.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5wbsUJ7IGQqd3dLWnQtcGFiVnc&usp=drive_web

2. After installing make sure to re-install the Synaptic Touch Pad Driver.

3. Make sure other Chipset/Maiboard drivers already installed.

4. Done.

Hopefully it works for also for all of you.

Regards,

Aditya

1 Message

October 25th, 2014 08:00

thank you very much now  Touch Pad working.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 14th, 2014 00:00

Hi AyeChanPyaeSone,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to use an external USB mouse to check if it works.

August 14th, 2014 03:00

Hi Ravi, 

Thanks you so much for your suggestion and I really appreciate it. But its still not working even though i installed Dell Inspiron 3442,3542,5748 System BIOS  [3442A02.EXE ]. I think it will correct because i entered my service tag and found out that driver software. Yes.. my external USB mouse is running. Only touch pad is still making a problem after upgrading to windows 8.1. plz kindly help me again. Thanks you so much. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 20th, 2014 05:00

Hi AyeChanPyaeSone,

Sorry for the dealyed response. I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the key.
  4. Press the key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Also, please reply back to us with the Device manager snapshot.

August 25th, 2014 17:00

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as Dell-Ravi.

Installing the latest update from Dell Support.

Installation said it's successful ane ready to use.  

But the touch pad still not working. Even when I check on Windows 8 Pro device manager it doesn't exist. 

Pleasr kindly advise and share whether it's a Chipset Driver Problem or Synaptic incompatibility problem? 

I've trid using windows 7-64bit found no problem. 

It's strange since this laptop designed for windows 8.

Regards,

Aditya

August 26th, 2014 07:00

Hi Ravi, 

Thanks q so much for your reply and sorry for my late reply also. I still can't use my touch pad even though i reset the bios setting to defaults. Here is my device manager screenshot. Thanks q so much.  

Thanks and Regards,

August 30th, 2014 00:00

Hi Ravi,

I just bought this laptop a week ago,and it does have Ubuntu  by that time so I installed windows 8, but then after installing it, the touchpad isn't working.  I honestly swear to God I did everything I can , I installed the driver that is recommended for my dell inspiron 14 3442 on your website dell. com, but its not working, so im currently using my mouse, but I still want to be able to use the touchpad though. and even in the device manager it doesn't show any driver for the touchpad...just the mouse, so I updated the bios fw into the a02, test it and still doesn't work.... oh ***.

please help.

I attached the picture you will see that only the HID for mouse is the one showing there, while theres a couple of unknowns and im thinking its one of them...

Thanks

betsay

3 Posts

September 16th, 2014 22:00

my god. it's like an infection. i thoughts its an hardware issue. but now looking at everyone it seems software glitch. hope they fix this. notepad without laptop <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>

3 Posts

October 19th, 2014 13:00

Thanks Aditya !

I have an Inspiron 15 3542, and was having the same issue. With the two drivers you shared it did solve the problem and now touch pad is working. :emotion-1:

1 Message

October 28th, 2014 18:00

still not working on my dell 3442.
i'm using win 8.1

i've done all the instruction,
but when i install Intel Serial IO Driver, it says "this platform is not supported"

1 Message

November 1st, 2014 05:00

Hi Aditya,

Going thru this post, i found that the driver you have provided on the link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5wbsUJ7IGQqd3dLWnQtcGFiVnc&usp=drive_web has resolved the issue. I have tried to access the link but its not working. Please assist with the link for the driver.

Thanking you in advance. awaiting your reply.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2015 19:00

Thanks Aditya. The driver you provided did the trick. Prior to that the dell chat technical support tried to solve it and said its a hardware issue after 45 min of trying to help. Thanks a lot for sharing this. BTW,  i have an inspiron 15Z with windows 8.1 and only the first driver that you provided installed properly. Second one failed and i had to restart the laptop. After that touchpad started working.

1 Message

February 6th, 2015 02:00

Aditya please do your magic for me too :( I'm trying everything to get the touch pad working.

I can't install lenovo driver because it's not supported, and even when I reboot my computer after installing intel driver it's still not working.  

I have Inspirion 15 (3542)

1 Message

April 9th, 2015 18:00

I got the same problem to. on my unit dell 3442. My Os Win 8.1 x86. try looking base on chipset but can't fine for touchpad . i can't install I2C on win 8.1 x86. i search only x64 provide it... can any one share link to install i2C. aka touchpad

all driver already in except 3 is intel i2C my guest it for touchpad . CMIW :)

No Events found!