Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2009 10:00

The audio output from my laptop has no bass

When i connect my laptop to an external 5.1 sound system, the sound quality is poor and there is little to no bass output.  It's definitely my laptop because i've tried other laptops/ipods on the same audio input and the sound quality is great.  I can't figure out what the issue is with my audio output settings/driver/etc..  Has anyone run into a similar issue?

Latitude 630

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

8 Posts

February 28th, 2009 08:00

Not that I have an answer yet, but just to let  you know that I have the same issue as you do.  I'm using a Yamaha system and my HP sounds great.  The Dell 1545 sounds like a transister radio - NO BASS!

You might want to watch my post as well in case someone gets to mine first.  I'll keep watching yours...

Mike

1 Message

September 29th, 2015 23:00

I fixed it!!! I just download the new Realtek audio driver, that's all you need to do! Just update whatever audio you have for your PC or Laptop like SRS Sound. Get the driver update from their site. Just follow the steps what it says when you get the driver setup. First, it will tell you to uninstall the current audio drivers so you will have to do that and then restart your laptop. Then it will automatically start installing new audio drivers and then once its done you will restart again and then you are good to listen to your pumping up bass.

My laptop dell inspiron 15 7548 uses Realtek audio so I got drivers from here.

www.realtek.com/.../downloadsView.aspx;PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

No Events found!