Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2012 10:00

Need help installing camera

Hello, I am trying to install my kodak C195 camera on my Dell inspiron mini. It has been installed before but I recently had to wipe my computer clean and start over. I do not have a cd for it and it won't install. I've looked under my computer while it's plugged in and nothing even shows up. I've tried downloading the software I think I found but it just stalled and nothing happened. What can I do?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 14th, 2012 14:00

torres22,

How did you reinstall the operating system on the Dell Mini(model#)?

Rick

5 Posts

February 14th, 2012 17:00

I didn't reinstall the operating system I just cleaned out everything and ran some diagnosis things. I can't read the numbers in the bottom they are rubbed off. I have the express service code if that helps. One of the numbers says . Thanks for the help.

5 Posts

February 14th, 2012 17:00

Pp19s

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 14th, 2012 18:00

torres22,

XP or Windows 7?

Rick

5 Posts

February 14th, 2012 18:00

Xp

February 14th, 2012 19:00

For me, Dell Inspiron Mini loads too slow to work on any software. Try to copy the installer to any flash drive and then insert it to your Inspiron Mini, then install the software and see how it works.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 15th, 2012 01:00

torres22,

First go to Windows Updates click on custom and download all the .net framework updates. Also Download Latest Java

These programs will be needed to install the software for the camera.

Rick

5 Posts

February 15th, 2012 18:00

Ok I downloaded that. Now what.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 15th, 2012 19:00

torres22,

With the camera still disconnected from the computer...

Start, control panel, programs and features. Look there to see if the Kodak Camera software is installed. If yes, then click on it, then uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Make sure the camera was removed.

Control Panel

Printers and Faxes

Organize, layout, menu bar

File

Server Properties

Drivers

Remove the driver(s) you want to remove.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7

start

control panel

Hardware and sound

View Devices and Printers

Right click on your camera

Left click remove device

This gives you a clean start with installing the camera.

Insert the Camera software disk and follow the instructions. At some point the instructions will prompt you when to attach the camera(powered on) The new hardware wizard may take a few minutes to then install the drivers needed. Takes about 5 minutes or less, so be patient.

Rick

No Events found!