Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2017 14:00

My laptop can't turn off.

I have a Dell Vostro 5470 laptop. When I want to turn it off, hibernate or sleep, it can't properly do it. The power led is on and (I think) the fans are noisy. When I press the power button for many seconds (so with brute force), it turn off.

I have a new SSD in it with a clean install of Win10 (with the previous HDD it didn't work either). I have updated all of the supported softwares (drivers, chipset, BIOS etc.) and I have cleaned the inside of the laptop.

I have no idea what to do, please help me. Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

September 5th, 2017 14:00

Were you having this issue previously (before the update to 10 and SSD install)? Also, I know you have installed the drivers etc, but I would recommend trying to reinstall the Video Driver, and also making sure device manager does not show any errors (not sure if you already did it, but it might be worth a shot).

Best regards,

Brad

2 Posts

September 6th, 2017 07:00

The issue happened before the new SSD. I didn't do anything special at that days.

I have already tried to reinstall the drivers and check the device manager, but nothing happened.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

September 6th, 2017 15:00

Was this before on Windows 7 where it occurred or just on 10? The system looks like it will have limited compatibility with 10 (no driver support for the Creators update etc), but if it happened on 7 also (before going to 10), then I would recommend trying diagnostics on the system first. 

Diagnostics can be run by entering your Service Tag at this link

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!