Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2013 07:00

Missing Product Key of MS Office 2010

Hi!

My uncle recently bought me a Dell Inspiron 17 laptop, windows 8. He's in Florida, and sent it here in the Philippines. I check all the features, discover advance updates of Windows, but what caught my attention still up to now is "the missing product key" for Microsoft Office. I've been looking for the package, looking at any part of my laptop, but there is no product key or even Microsoft genuine sticker there. I hope you can help me about his. He bought that laptop for my school needs, and Microsoft Office, especially Word is very essential fo me. Please help.

Thank you,

Ciedrick

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 1st, 2013 08:00

Office does not come with new systems -- what you have is a trial version.  To use Office you must purchase a license key -- before you do that, you might want to contact your university's technology group - some universities offer low-cost or free copies of Microsoft Office to their students.

3.3K Posts

September 5th, 2013 13:00

Hi ciedrique,

If the system was purchased with the Microsoft office, then the product key is shipped with the computer.

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can take this case forward. To private message the service tag click my User name and click send private message.

Awaiting your response!

1 Message

September 17th, 2013 16:00

Hi Rajesh,

Saw this trail about product key..  

My Dell N5110 Win7 Microsoft Office Word Starter 2010 also stop working.. Didnt purchase any Microsoft Office as the Microsoft Office Starter was already part of the system when bought.. I needed only the WORD basic.

It sort of downloaded a 2010 Microsoft Office other day while doing some document, and it asked for a product key.. I opt out that page.. Was still able to use the Word starter by using the Win7 program list until today. I can't find a Microsoft Office Starter key with my DELL kit which I bought last year in Delaware..  There is a Microsoft Home Premium product key sticker at the back but is not acceptable.

Have sent you a private email with the DELL service tag per your instruction to  ciedrique above.

Thanks for any assistance

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

September 18th, 2013 06:00

Hi mngrw,

With the introduction of Office 2010, Microsoft included a Starter version of Office. While the starter version does not expire, it only includes a limited version of Word and Excel. It doesn't come with a disk and it cannot be reinstalled.

No Events found!