Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

April 21st, 2008 22:00

LightScribe on DVD/CD

I am looking a buying a laptop and was wanting one that has LightScribe, and also Type II PCMIA card.  Does DELL offer a laptop with this?

179 Posts

April 21st, 2008 22:00

i've never seen one and according to the Lightscribe website only Asus and HP have models that come with Lightscribe capable drives.

It's a Hewlett Packard technology and that's probably why you don't see it offered on too many laptops other than HP.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 21st, 2008 23:00

PCMCIA is still available on some Latitude models, but not on the Inspiron/Vostro and XPS units.

5 Posts

April 22nd, 2008 14:00

Thank you both for the info.

1.8K Posts

April 22nd, 2008 15:00

Also note that lightscribe requires the use of special media that is capable of being written on by the lightscribe writer.  I am guessing you pay a hefty premium over regular media for this privilege.

1 Message

February 9th, 2009 15:00

Actually, the lightscribe discs are just as cheap as regular discs and I never see a price difference between them or any of the normal blank DVD-R/+R/RW. 

I just purchased a 10 pack of lightscribe HP DVD+R discs at Wal-mart for barely over $8.  Lightscribe is an awesome feature and I wish Dell's drives supported it.  I'm glad my desktop PC has a lightscribe capable burner though.  =)

No Events found!