Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 23rd, 2010 08:00

Latitude E6410 wireless under win 7 64bit

I have 2 new Latitude E6410 that came with win XP installed which worked fine. Since they have 4MB RAM I bought a win7 64bit OS and installed it on one system. I had to install few more driveres from dell's site and all looks good in the device manager windows. However, the wireless does not work. I have the WiFi led shining blue - which is good. But Runing the Intel PROSet Wireless diagnostic tool test result with Association Test failed.

Any idea?

2 Posts

June 27th, 2010 08:00

After I called few times the Dell suport Center, I finally got an helpfull strange tip. I was told to get into safe-mode with networking.

This mode somehow recover the WL connection. I was able to finally connect to the net via WL and after rebooting and getting back to nomal-mode WL was still alive.

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2010 11:00

I am having the same problem.  I have A03 bios running and I have installed the most recent release of the wifi adapter drivers.

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2010 11:00

Additionally, the problem is DNS related.  I can ping an IP address but not a host name.  The wifi system works on my D630 with XP, so it is definitely something with Window 7 and Wifi.  We are using WPA2.  I did some Google searches this morning, and it seems like it is fairly common for Windows 7 64 bit.

No Events found!