Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2014 06:00

Laptop battery is not charging

Hello,

I have the same problem as mentioned on the forum before. Situation is: Battery is in my laptop, as well as charger. When I start my computer, it makes a bit noise, and screen with text about not being able to charge battery appears. It says something like that the computer can not recognize the battery, and therefore it would not charge it.

My other battery (older, with minimum capacity) does not have this problem. I also tried to use different chargers, but the problem remains. BIOS can not be upgraded any more.

Thanks for your responses.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

If the error is that the AC adapter isn't recognized, and you've tried more than one Dell adapter, the fault is with the power jack or the mainboard.  On some models, the jack is replaceable - on others, it is not.  If yours has a replaceable jack, that would be the next thing to try.  If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the mainboard.

3 Posts

I was hoping that there is something I could do about it. This malfunctioning battery I got from Dell, because the other one was too bad - during the warranty period.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

If that's the case, then one of the two batteries is bad.

3 Posts

I've got two batteries and two adapters. This problem appears only with one of the batteries, no matter which adapter  is being used. There is no problem of this kind while using the other battery.

No Events found!