Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

September 25th, 2005 16:00

Is it possible to use a laptop screen to hook up an Xbox (for example) ?

I was wondering if there is a possibility to utilize my 17 in. inspiron notebook as a monitor for an Xbox 360? I know I could use an external solution like a tv tuner with the rca inputs, but then I would loose the high def. capabilities of the xbox 360. 

Is there any other way?

Thanks

7.9K Posts

September 25th, 2005 17:00

well i mean, you're going to need some sort of capture device and I'm not that familiar with the xbox.  there are hi-def tuners and capture devices avialable via USB2 I believe ...  might be worth looking into if you're serious about this, although I don't know how much difference you'd notice on a 17in LCD...

2 Posts

November 16th, 2005 01:00

I'm not sure....in the manual it only says its a connector. How can you tell if it's an input or not? I wasn't aware that there was a an output and input connector.....

2 Posts

I have an Inspiron 9300 (with the GeForce Go 9800) myself, and it has both a VGA and DVI-D connectors. I also plan on buying the xbox 360 and I am aware that it has a VGA HD AV Cable (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/) which uses DV-15s Standard VGA connector that let's you use a PC monitor.

I am pretty confident you can, but I'm not sure. I would also like to know with certainty.

7.9K Posts

ohwell, but the dvi and vga are outputs, not inputs, right?

7.9K Posts

November 16th, 2005 02:00

they're likely both outputs ... to attach an external monitor or lcd
No Events found!