Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2014 13:00

How do I turn off voice that speaks the time every hour?

I have a new Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series laptop.  I'm not sure if this is something I accidentally turned on, but I cannot figure out how to turn it off:  Whenever I turn on the computer, the default voice speaks the time and date.  It also speaks the time on the hour when the computer is on.  I cannot figure out how to turn off the voice.   I checked the Ease of Access settings and have verified that the Narrator is OFF.  Does anyone know how to turn off the voice that reads the time?

December 29th, 2014 16:00

I figured out what was causing it.  I had just installed the Ivona Reader, and it was set up to automatically read the time on the hour.  Thanks anyway for the response.

December 28th, 2014 20:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concerns.

Please try the steps below:

Open the Task Scheduler, you can press WIN + R, type in taskschd.msc, and hit Enter to start.  In Task Scheduler check under Action Tab to see if there is a task setup to read time. If there is one, go ahead & delete it. Also please check if you have installed any alarm application.

Awaiting your response!

December 29th, 2014 23:00

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted. Great, glad to know that you have figured out the cause to the issue.

Please feel free out to us for any further queries and we will be glad to assist.

No Events found!