Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2014 21:00

Dell Inspion 1545 Screen Flashing red green blue white colors on startup on whole screen

Today morning when i started my laptop the screen went on flashing reg green blue white colors at me with 1-2 second intervals. I cant assess what the problem is. the screen starts flashing colors as soon as the power button is pressed. I restarted the laptop a few times but the problem still persists.

I have a lot of personal and official data in the laptop which i cant afford to miss. kindly help.....

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 28th, 2014 21:00

Hi subhransumishra,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
3. Remove the battery from the computer.
4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to switch ON the system

I also suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive, optical drive, wireless cards and see if that make a difference.In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know the findings.

April 29th, 2014 01:00

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for a prompt reply. i will follow  the steps you have suggested and update soon.

Thanks again.

No Events found!