Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 1st, 2011 02:00

BIOS PASSWORD RECOVERY

Dear All,

I forgot my bios password! I have DELL STUDIO 1555 Laptop with A12 BIOS Version.

Can anyone help me with instructions how to reset or bypass bios password?

Regards,

:emotion-1: Florian

7 Posts

July 15th, 2015 20:00

Thanks for you post to get serveral useful ways about Bios password reset. Want to reset Bios password  on Dell laptop. You can learn more about Windows password key. It is a helpful tool that have helped me reset Bios password quickly and easily. Hope this message is useful to you. Good luck.:emotion-1:

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 1st, 2011 05:00

You need to call Dell, verify that you own the system, and they'll issue a system-specific master password.

There is a support call charge if you're out of warranty - so in that event, call the pay-for-support number.

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 01:00

I know some methods to reset bios password.

1. The best and easiest method: Close OS and shut down the electricity power of computer. Open your computer box, take out the cmos battery from the mainboard. Then the bios password will be reset to blank. Put it back after a few minutes.

2. Follow some  tutorials. For example the tutorials:
Reset HP / Dell BIOS Password.

Top 3 methods to crack bios password!

3. Use the bios password recovery tool , but that is not free!

So I would suggest you the 1st method. Hope it helps.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2011 06:00

Removing the CMOS battery will do absolutely nothing - don't waste your time.

7 Posts

May 15th, 2015 02:00

In my opinion, there are other efficient way to reset laptop password. Windows Password Key-the most professional tool of Windows password reset, can help you reset laptop password in easiest way.

http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/

No Events found!