Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

February 17th, 2019 16:00

Brand new computer, loud fan

I bought an Inspiron 13 7000 laptop yesterday and just opened it for the first time about 20 minutes ago. I set up the computer and opened Chrome. I have only opened two pages but the fan is so loud. I know there are no blockages, the surface is flat, and there is no dust. This computer is straight out of the box. What can I do about the fan noise?

1 Message

February 17th, 2019 18:00

It was the same problem with my Inspiron 15 7000!! Loud Fan

• 

16.9K Posts

February 18th, 2019 10:00

Click the links below for resolving fan noise on your computer.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

19 Posts

August 7th, 2020 14:00

try this .....
I have an intel core i7 which runs at a faster 1.5 ghz base speed. i got a intel core i5 for my wife , which is a 1.2 ghz base speed, and quiet most of the time. The fan noise was driving me crazy. I wanted to post that this dell 5593 and most dells are great laptops. dell is so great that they offer a utility to tweak the fan settings, and i chose the quiet option and the fan is so much quieter that i do not hear it as often any more. i was so close to giving up and living with the noisy fan. the fan is new and not broken, but i just prefer silence. ty so much to the poster that solved my annoying problem with the post of :
Search for "Dell Power Management" in Start
Open and go to the "Thermal Management"
Select the Option "Quiet"
The laptop will become Quiet instantly.
The default setting is set to optimize the laptop.
If you don't have Dell Power Management I think you have to install it

19 Posts

August 7th, 2020 15:00

try this for a quieter pc  .....
I have an intel core i7 which runs at a faster 1.5 ghz base speed. i got a intel core i5 for my wife , which is a 1.2 ghz base speed, and quiet most of the time. The fan noise was driving me crazy. I wanted to post that this dell 5593 and most dells are great laptops. dell is so great that they offer a utility to tweak the fan settings, and i chose the quiet option and the fan is so much quieter that i do not hear it as often any more. i was so close to giving up and living with the noisy fan. the fan is new and not broken, but i just prefer silence. ty so much to the poster that solved my annoying problem with the post of :
Search for "Dell Power Management" in Start
Open and go to the "Thermal Management"
Select the Option "Quiet"
The laptop will become Quiet instantly.
The default setting is set to optimize the laptop.
If you don't have Dell Power Management I think you have to install it

2 Posts

December 4th, 2021 11:00

ive done this and still the same

2 Posts

December 4th, 2021 11:00

did you find a solution?

2 Posts

December 26th, 2022 22:00

Same here. Out-of-the-box PC tower  - £1400. Loud fan. Have to raise the PC at one end for the noise to stop.

Under warranty so will be taking it back.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

December 27th, 2022 23:00

If you notice the computer fan running constantly and making an abnormal or loud noise, this might indicate that the computer is not running as efficiently as possible, and/or clogged air vents. It is important to keep dust from accumulating in your computer and ensure adequate ventilation to help reduce heat.

No Events found!