Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 21st, 2022 23:00

Audio takes a really long time to load

Inspiron 5502/5509

Inspiron 5502/5509

Anything with audio takes a really long time to load. What I mean is that when opening a file (with audio) or playing a video, it loads for a long time (20< seconds) before finally playing. This includes (but is not limited to):

- YouTube videos

- Spotify songs

- .mp3 or .mp4 files

- Joining discord voice channels

I have already gone through device manager and tried updating anything that seemed related to audio, yet this hasn't done anything. It is not related to the audio device (as far as I know) because this is an issue when I'm using my earphones or using the built in laptop speakers.

I don't know exactly when this issue started, but I definitely know that my laptop used to load videos almost instantly (1-2 seconds before a YouTube video would start playing, for example).

What do I need to do to fix this?

8 Posts

August 6th, 2022 03:00

UPDATE 2: It fixed itself... I didn't do anything and I don't know why its working now but it does. 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

July 26th, 2022 03:00

If you face this error, here are a few things you could try:
Reinstall the program. Reinstall the program which is throwing this error. ...
Check startup programs. Check the Startup programs – especially the Windows Registry startup paths and remove the startup entry to this dll file.
Run Registry Cleaner.

8 Posts

July 26th, 2022 22:00

Hi Adrian,

I will just say it again, but this error happens with every application when playing audio, and is not specific to a single application. I will list some of my more commonly used applications that have been affected by this error:

- Google Chrome (on YouTube)

- Discord

- VLC Media Player

- Adobe Animate

- Spotify

I believe that it is not specific to one application because of how many of them have been affected, so I do not think that reinstalling all of these applications will work. 

I have looked through my startup folders (which are empty) and also the task manager startup tab. 

Which .dll file do you mean when you were referring to a .dll file?

Thanks

8 Posts

August 2nd, 2022 22:00

UPDATE: It appears that this does not occur when using my AirPods Pro as the output device, as videos load instantly. So, it only happens when using wired earphones or the built-in laptop speakers

No Events found!