Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

30 Posts

March 30th, 2022 04:00

Are Dell G-series laptops with Ryzen CPUs had their CPU fail rate higher than those with Intel CPUs?

Hi, I'd needing some questions regarding choosing Intel or AMD. To your opinion, am I safer choosing the AMD-based laptops, or does those AMD-based laptop had their CPU fail rate higher than Intel-based laptops? I'm assuming that if 3/10 5515s encountered the Beep Code of 2 ambers and 1 blanc (a CPU Failure) then there about 1 ~ 2/10 of these 5510/5511/5520s on the G15 series could encounter a faulty CPU. 

So, does the Dell Ryzen laptops had a worse CPU failure rate than a Dell Intel laptops? Are Intel-based Dell laptops reliable than the red team? 

10 Elder

• 

25K Posts

March 30th, 2022 05:00

That data won't be available -- and since CPUs of all types rarely fail (they're the most reliable component of any computer system), system failure cannot be correlated with CPU failure.

Mainboards are probably the least reliable part of any notebook because they contain so many components and multiple layers of printed circuit boards.  Hard drives are also unreliable devices -- but most new systems don't use them, so the limiting factor on reliability has shifted to the mainboards.

No Events found!