Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

February 3rd, 2019 19:00

KM632, missing USB dongle?

Hi,

I have an Inspiron 24 Dell computer and a Dell wireless keyboard and mouse model number KM632. 

There is no USB Dongle Receiver with the keyboard and mouse. It is missing.

My research indicates that I need a Dell KM632 Wireless Keyboard Mouse USB Dongle Receiver E8hrg-1091.

So far I cannot find a USB Dongle Receiver E8hrg-1091 for sale anywhere to use with this?

Does anyone know where I might get one?

Thanks,

John

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 17th, 2019 05:00

These are matched as sets at factory and not universal. So if you do not have keyboard and mouse that came with this specific part its useless.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 3rd, 2020 10:00

These ARE NOT Bluetooth.

They are matched sets.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-KM632-Wireless-Keyboard-8VXG2/dp/B00BB9OZH8

There is no such thing as UNIVERSAL dongle for these models.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 3rd, 2019 20:00

It's been my experience that the keyboard, mouse, and dongle are a matched set. They are all 3 preset to the same radio frequency. I think Dell built these "sets" ... using about 10 different radio frequencies.

You would have to buy a new set. And in that case, you might-as-well buy a Logitech set (IMO).

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 4th, 2019 11:00

Where's you get a keyboard and mouse without the matching dongle? Or did somebody lose the dongle?

Did you look on the bottom of the keyboard and mouse? Sometimes there's a small nook or compartment where the dongle snaps in for storage so it doesn't get lost.

1 Rookie

• 

62 Posts

January 3rd, 2020 09:00

A little late but you may find this info helpful. I am posting here because I found this thread early on in my searches for a similar problem, lost USB dongle. It seems you have two options - the keyboards and mice are "Dell" or "Logitech" as noted by the blue or orange logo on the bottom of them. Note article here (not for your specific keyboard):

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln306251/dell-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-km636-how-to-differentiate-between-logitech-s-unifying-and-dell-s-universal-pairing?lang=en

then you need the Dell Universal receiver or Logitech universal receiver, depending which you find. It was not easy to find the Dell on through Dell's website, you may have better luck with google searching for "Dell Universal USB receiver" - but I did find one on Dell's site here - I'm not positive it's the right one for all Dell keyboards and mice, but at least I found one...

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-universal-pairing-receiver-wr110/apd/580-ahzj/pc-accessories

And if you have Logitech, again just google "Logitech Universal USB receiver" for a variety of options. Hope this helps someone!

65 Posts

January 4th, 2020 15:00

Did you check the battery compartment of the mouse?  That's where the dongle for the set that came with my Inspiron DT 5490 AIO that I just got on the 2nd was located.  the keyboard takes 2 AAA batteries and the mouse takes one AA battery.  All three batteries should also be in the keyboard and mouse box.  

January 22nd, 2021 00:00

Hello there, I hate to disagree, but Logitech does have a universal dongle, any Logii dongle with the Unifying "logo" (orange star like logo) will work, no logo, no go-go! MUST HAVE logo. Search for "Logitech Unifying" software on their site. The current version is 250, it is an older exe, but works well with all OS. Lastly, you can pair up to 6 devices! hope this helps. BTW: I have 2 sets of Dell KM714 keyboard and mouse, without the dongle. I have been fixing computers for the past 20 years, so I ended up with a few extra dongles, that's how I was able to use the KM714's. Hope this doesn't get you angry and helps the person needing help. 

1 Message

April 26th, 2021 11:00

OMG OMG OMG!!!! For my KM632 keyboard and mouse, it was there under the mouse cover ALL ALONG!!! Thank you for pointing this out! I was going crazy or going to throw away this set because I couldn't find the dongle after having received this set! The mouse press is a bit heavy for my tastes, and the DELL keyboard misses some key presses, but i"m so happy to be able to use this set again. Thanks!!!

No Events found!