Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

4 Posts

January 12th, 2022 08:00

Order says shipped, but not received by carrier

DELL,

Since my order has been updated to "Shipped" on January 3rd with no delivery ETA, I have been invoiced for the order. However, the carrier states they have yet to receive the package from DELL. I would like to know how much longer my order will be delayed so I have something to present to the finance dept. when they get the bill at the end of the month.

I understand there are delays in almost every industry right now, but the best way to mitigate customer concerns is with honesty and transparency (even if it's not what the customer wants to hear). Please let that sink in, and do the right thing.

-DM Photog

January 18th, 2022 10:00

Another quick update:

yesterday afternoon I received a call from AIT wanting to confirm a delivery location and time for the monitor. Sure enough, the monitor arrived today before noon! 

During this time, the tracking of the package in AIT's system still show's the shipment as "Initiated". 

In summary, DELL did ship the monitor when they said they did (as delayed as that was). However, AIT's tracking is horrible (read: non existent).

It took 15 days for the shipment to arrive to me in the Midwest (USA). When it did, it was in very good condition with no visible signs of shipping damage.

For those reading through this thread looking for a glimmer of hope for a package lost in shipping, please be patient and keep an open mind. DELL will make it right (eventually).

For those within AIT reviewing this thread - please scan and update your tracking information. you paid good money for your tracking system, please use it.

-DM Photog

10 Elder

• 

23.8K Posts

January 12th, 2022 09:00

If the order is for a notebook, factor in shipping from Asia (most Dell notebooks are made in China by contractors) -- and if it's a desktop, factor in shipping from Mexico if you're in North America.  It can take up to a couple of weeks for the system to reach Dell in your country.

January 12th, 2022 10:00

Thanks ejn63, In this case it is a Monitor. I assume it is still being manufactured overseas and will take a while to be delivered once the monitor gets to the shipping company. Unfortunately, it hasn't made it to the shipping company yet.

• 

25.4K Posts

January 14th, 2022 06:00

I'm sorry that the order has not been delivered yet.

I've raised this issue with the logistics team.

We are yet to hear from the team with regards to this and will write to you with an update soon.

January 14th, 2022 06:00

Just a quick update for those following along at home. It would appear the monitor fell off the truck somewhere between DELL and AIT (worldwide logistics). Dell says they are looking into it. No other updates so far. 

No Events found!