Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

5 Posts

August 28th, 2019 13:00

Expedited delivery and order delays. Update: BSOD on the first run

Hi Dell community,

I've just got a notification from Dell that my order is being delayed by about a week. When I placed the order, I selected "expedited delivery" to get it delivered in August. I costed me some extra money, of course. Now with the delay, it looks like I wasted my money (or Dell stole my money, it depends on point of view), as the new delivery date is about the same as was proposed for "standard delivery" when I placed the order.

I contacted Dell support. The agent was polite, but all they could say was "we apologize", "the order will be delivered as fast as possible", and so on. In further discussion they told me that expedited delivery is just about delivery process. That is, if an order is shipped one year later than originally expected, but delivered in one day after that, it's totally fine. It doesn't make any sense to me. I paid to get my order sooner, why would I care if they have any troubles with manufacturing, shipment, whatsoever?

Now what can I do about it? At the very least, I want my expedited shipment charge to be refunded. If Dell does care about its reputation and customer experience, they should offer some extra compensation, as I spent my nerves and time to contact them, chat with the agent, file an extra support ticket, now writing this message on the forum, and so on. However, it doesn't look like they care.

Any ideas? Has anyone had such experience?

Thanks,

Artem

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 30th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. As the customer service team mentioned, the expedited shipping is when the product has been shipped out.

There could be a part backlog, vendor delay which might cause a shipment delay.

I would like to review this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order/ customer number, registered name & email address.

5 Posts

August 30th, 2019 14:00

Update on this. I've had a chat with Dell customer support. They spent a lot of time describing what could be the reason my order could be delayed, but I couldn't make it clear enough that I just don't care. Dell proposed me expedited delivery for extra charges. Then I got a confirmation email that my order would arrive on 08/27-29. And then it happened they wouldn't be able to do it. Not I demanded any exceptional service for free, quite not...

Finally, here is the quote from my chat with Dell:

> Dell is a mail order merchant and a manufacturer.  For this reason we are unable to guarantee any ship dates.

How can anyone have any deals with Dell after that?

Thanks,

Artem

5 Posts

September 3rd, 2019 23:00

One more update. I got the laptop today. Windows went to BSOD in a minute after startup. And again after reboot. On the third run, Windows prompted me to try advanced startup / recovery, it launched Dell restore app, which BSODed again. I don't have any words... Thanks, Artem

34 Posts

November 13th, 2019 15:00

Wow! Now i'm loosing hope. I've been suffering too with Dell for more than 2 months.

First they sold me a precision 5530 with a deffetcive heatsink. 

1rst technician comes and changes the heatsink, but takes away/ steals the daughterboard without telling me. So, no more sound on my computer. 

2nd technician comes and informs me about that and there's nothing he can do. After a while i realize new heatsink also . They agree on giving me a refurbished system in exchange and CHANGED THE DELIVERY DATES 3 TIMES AND FINALLY CANCELLED IT. 

Now they promised an upgrade replacement system and the i just got my first "Delivery delayed" message again. So i guess it started all over again. 

Been more than 2 months in this loop. Going crazy. Spoke to social media mannager, tech support, customer support, exchange team. Everyone assures they will "fix" the problem but in the end they just keep delaying and cancelling the exchange and it up. 

Sorry to hear you are suffering this stuff too

No Events found!